Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Songs

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nightmaremike31:
    System of a Down - Spiders
    that entire first album is good. i feel that its their best.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    nightmaremike31:
    System of a Down - Spiders
    that entire first album is good. i feel that its their best.

I couldn't agree more. Too many bands have amazing first albums, and then the producers and success seem to change the band from what made them to what makes them start to sound similar to everyone else.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who listened to soad.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i like to think of it as this:
    the first album they made on their time. no pressure to get it out because they are nobody yet.
    they work hard for years and years just to get noticed. they refine their songs. they cut their set list. they make better songs.

the first album drops.

you have an album solid songs that could be the result of years and years of refinement. they get a great record deal.

... and 18 months to get another album out.

they dont have the time to put that effort into their songs especially if they are on the road.

i could be wrong. but it sounds logical to me.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i like to think of it as this:
    the first album they made on their time. no pressure to get it out because they are nobody yet.
    they work hard for years and years just to get noticed. they refine their songs. they cut their set list. they make better songs.

the first album drops.

you have an album solid songs that could be the result of years and years of refinement. they get a great record deal.

... and 18 months to get another album out.

they dont have the time to put that effort into their songs especially if they are on the road.

i could be wrong. but it sounds logical to me.

Ah, a much better visual for my brain. I really like the way you described that too. I can't believe I didn't put the two together, I just got done reading Ricky Gervais' interview in Smoke mag and he talks about how he doesn't like to have restrictions put on his creative process. I don't necessarily find everything he does as funny, but I like how his creative and business mind work.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Anything I'm hearing by these guy right now.. WOW
    http://www.myspace.com/aletheian
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    listened to a little Gov't Mule yesterday. Also, the new NAS album which is incredible. Threw in a little Immortal Technique to cap off the night. Not a bad day as far as music is concerned...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    ejenne87:
    listened to a little Gov't Mule yesterday.
    Warren Haynes is the man.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    ejenne87:
    listened to a little Gov't Mule yesterday.
    Warren Haynes is the man.
    I have'nt really listened to too much of them. A buddy had a couple of albums on his computer and we played through them. It's been a little while since I heard them, it was a nice treat. I am thinking I now have to get a couple of albums, I am missing rock more these days. Maybe the country needs to take a back seat for a little while...

I am not sure how many of you guys listen to hip-hop, but that new Nas album is intense! If you have ever liked hip-hop, or if you don't mind trying something new I HIGHLY reccomend giving that one a chance.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Recently ran across a pic of a gal I was involved with for a while and just figured out I may still be a bit hung up on, Dido's White Flag seems to be very fitting for that one.

Other tracks on my list; Lady Antebellum - Need You Now ; Suzy Bogguss (Love is Blind) Read My Lips and almost anything by Rosanne Cash.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Stan-----Eminem
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Moving In Stereo--- The Cars.
    Subdivisions --- Rush
  • Options
    Worked a long ass day. Rode home listening to:

Thirty and Seven: August Burns Red

Composure: August Burns Red

And finally... As Good As Dead: Through the Eyes of the Dead
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:

Nice!!!!!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    These Filthy Hands:

Nice!!!!!
    Thanks. 13 hours in a restaurant makes a man want to kick a kitten. Needed some serious metal to balance me out.
  • Options
    Had to Blast Some
    Animals as Leaders- Song Of Solomon
  • Options
    SilverChair - Ana's Song
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ANYTHING by Ray LaMontagne or Ben Harper... Check out "Jolene", "Empty" and "Trouble" - Ray LaMontagne and really anything by ben harper...
  • Options
    Drive home from class: The Saddness Will Never End: Bring Me The Horizon.
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:
    Drive home from class: The Saddness Will Never End: Bring Me The Horizon.

Good licks right there!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    CSNY Deja Vu
  • Options
    I picked up the new Mudvayne on my way home from work. Pretty tasty so far, I'm only six songs in though.
  • Options
    These Filthy Hands:
    I picked up the new Mudvayne on my way home from work. Pretty tasty so far, I'm only six songs in though.

After dude started singing I was like, well we're done here...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    These Filthy Hands:

.. Hey Stephen, I'm with you on that one. Mudvayne is an acquired taste. That stuff makes my brain hurt.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    stephen_hannibal:
    These Filthy Hands:

.. Hey Stephen, I'm with you on that one. Mudvayne is an acquired taste. That stuff makes my brain hurt.

Don't get me wrong I love metal, but Mudvayne simply have no musical ability whatsoever....
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    kaspera79:
    stephen_hannibal:
    These Filthy Hands:

Don't get me wrong I love metal, but Mudvayne simply have no musical ability whatsoever....
    Their song "Dig" really caught my attention in the beginning so I listened to some of their other songs. It seems like they've really softened their sound over the years, which makes them kind of lame. At least I can always count on Slayer to constistently rock hard.
  • Options
    - Korn -
    Helmet in the Bush
    Ball Tongue
    Mr. Rogers
  • Options
    I rocked out to some Hank Williams Jr. today. I'm not normaly a fan of his but from time to time I like to listen to a few of his songs.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Dancin for Rain - Rise Against
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    "For the Turnstiles" - Neil Young
  • Options
    Rage Against the Machine