Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

New guy here, Got a trade?

I have one Cu-Avana Intenso for trade. I got this stick as a Christmas present. I am not a fan of such full bodied cigars. I am looking for a Sol Cubano Connecticut, Rocky Patel Connecticut, Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne, Tabak Especial, or best offer for a premium stick with CT shade wrapper with Dominican or Nicaraguan Filler/binder.

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this serious? Im not trying to be funny, but I am wondering.
  • Well I did not list every possible cigar I would trade for. As there are others I am interested in I would think the brands I described would be illuminating to the types I enjoy. So if someone was to see this and they were to have a stick they think I might enjoy then my previous post can be looked at as an invitation to connect. If this has offended you in some way I apologize.
    No,no...not at all. I just found it a little odd or different (I guess due to some recent posters) to be trying to do a trade for 1 relatively inexpensive cigar for another----when the shipping itself would be greater than the value of the stick.
  • Well for me personally there is only one good spot to buy premiums nearby. They only carry select brands, non of which I mentioned above. I am personaly willing to pay the shipping for the trade on my end. But hey if i get no takers. No worries!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I like you vulchor ......... you make me laugh ...... thats why iam going to kill you last ................. oh yea i just went governator on your *** ....... i have a 2 swisher sweets and 1 grape owl up for trade .... any takers ????
    LOL-----Thanks JK, I thought maybe I was missing something here or was the odd man out.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I think I paid about $2 a stick for the Intenso (which by the way is an amazing cigar, one of my favs) in a daily deal here. Shipping one of them would cost at least that, probably more, lol.

Anywho, don't take the reponses here as us being mean - you'll find this forum friendly and open to new guys. But, um, trading is much more economical when trading for more than one stick. :)
  • Alright. well if i get anymore sticks that don't fit my tastes perhaps then I'll have an acceptable trade.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Where abouts are you located monk?
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    i was scratching my head also...still scratching...still scratching...wlecome to the group!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Monk... " Hey Joe, I live in Boston "
    Joe... "No Problem, I'll drive out this weekend and we can make the trade. Do you like Cubans ? "
    Lollllllll---------------poor guy is being made the butt of our joke for 2 days. I hope he doesnt take it personally here, but hes gotta realize we're talking 2 dollar sticks and 4 dollar shipping. I mean I am not a mathmetician, but........
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Monk... " Hey Joe, I live in Boston "
    Joe... "No Problem, I'll drive out this weekend and we can make the trade. Do you like Cubans ? "
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!! Big Smile [:D]
  • I suppose most of you have a good cigar store near you. Let me see if i can explain this to you guys as it seems this concept is hard for you to grasp. There is no good place to buy cigars near by my area that offer a rotating selection of good premiums. So for the 4 dollars or whatever the cost of shipping is, to me it is worth it. I figured there may be another guy here in the same situation and a trade would have made sense. Obviously if my situation was different I would not have posted in the first place.

Hopefully you guys can understand my situation as to how I don't think I can simplify the logic to any further extent. If needed perhaps I could draw you a diagram and mail them to you.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dubiousmonk:
    There is no good place to buy cigars near by my area that offer a rotating selection of good premiums.
    you are posting at such a place right now.

if you can offer more sticks i may be able to go in on a trade with you. but as it stands, me paying to ship you one cigar to trade for a cigar that i can get for a few bucks less than it cost to ship you one, doesnt make much sense. got anything else you wanna put up for trade?
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Hey monk, I'd highly advise buying your smokes online. There are no decent B&M stores near me either. Which I'm kind of happy about because I can pay a lot less here at cigar.com and not feel bad about not supporting local businesses.
  • Well as it happens I am getting a sampler next week and that will bring my total to three sticks for trade. Is that acceptable?

1 of each of the folowing

Cu-Avana Intenso
    Macanudo Maduro
    Romeo y Julieta 1875

Any takers?

Also, that last post of mine was a bit rude, my apologies. I was a bit miffed with some the comments, but I should  not have been so sarcastic.
    Don't take anything personally monk, some people around here post without really thinking about how the other party might take it.

My question kinda got lost in a flood of posts, but where are you located?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Monk some of these guys on here can be a bit sarcastic at times. Don't take it personal we can be friendly at times. We are also skeptical of new people who are not on the good traders list coming in and trying to trade right away (esp just 1 or 2 sticks). Hang around check out some of the threads and take your time. Those cigars aren't going anywhere if you don't like them, and neither is this forum......by the way can I get one of those diagrams you were talking about drawing up?
  • Central MA. about an hour and half outside of Boston.

Now in case your wondering there is the White owl lounge and B&M in Worcester but two of my friends have complained about quality issues and ridiculus prices at that establishment. And then there is Yankee Spirits which has a preety good selection, but its always the same and a bit pricy.
  • Thanks Sandman and joz3r.

Yeah I suppose I made some brazen assumptions about immediate acceptance.

Well I will be around and hope to get to know some of you.

and yes I could send you a diagram ; )
    Sandman1am:
    Monk some of these guys on here can be a bit sarcastic at times. Don't take it personal we can be friendly at times. We are also skeptical of new people who are not on the good traders list coming in and trying to trade right away (esp just 1 or 2 sticks). Hang around check out some of the threads and take your time. Those cigars aren't going anywhere if you don't like them, and neither is this forum......by the way can I get one of those diagrams you were talking about drawing up?
    Hey Monk, I was really ribbing Joe and his generous nature, as he goes way beyond expectations when it comes to sharing and willingness to make all members feel welcome. If you were to stick around and "meet" many of the members here, I am sure they would send you "bombs" and expect nothing in return. I know as I have been on the receiving end of a few. This is a great group of people here and no one means to put you off. Keep the cigars you don't care for now and someday pass them off in trades or games. I once started with only two or three cigars at any given time but have since accumulated a few hundred, Not all my must have favorites but still I keep them around to share, or try again in the future. I have a R&J Reserva that has been with me for five years since I don't really "like" it, but, some day it will become a pile of ash, that I am sure of. And by the way welcome to the group.
    dubiousmonk:
    Central MA. about an hour and half outside of Boston.

Now in case your wondering there is the White owl lounge and B&M in Worcester but two of my friends have complained about quality issues and ridiculus prices at that establishment. And then there is Yankee Spirits which has a preety good selection, but its always the same and a bit pricy.
    Shhit Monk, I was only guessing when I said Boston ! It was the furthest place I could think of away from Joe.
  • Thanks for the kind intro kaspera,

I am looking forward to posting on this board and getting to know you guys better. As a newbie I should have not been so bold. But thanks for taking it with a grain of salt.

also, yeah I am not to far from Boston but rarely visit the city accept for concerts and sox games.

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Monk, pm sent.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Monk, I am gonna need that diagram. PM me for my address. Joe, you're a good dude. I sent you a follow-up PM. Thanks.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    You know monk while your at you can send me one of those diagrams as well ....... iam not sure but i think you were speaking in a foreign language maybe yugoslavian or khurdish .... wasnt really sure .... but i think a diagram will clear this all up...... thanks
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    dubiousmonk:
    Central MA. about an hour and half outside of Boston.

I'm sorry did you say White Owl lounge?
    White Owl has a f***ing lounge?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome Monkster ...we are really like a big family of brothers and sometimes that includes verbal fist fights and sarcasm and sometimes we get mule-lipped ( old country saying for pi_ssed off) with each other but this is really a cool group of guys that would do most anything to help one another ...any ways ...WELCOME !!!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    From a newbie to a newbie, welcome. If nobody has traded with you yet on your 3 sticks let me know, I havent tried any of them yet and have some to trade. Have a happy New Year Monk.