Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite U.S. City

2»

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is Springfield, Missouri. Nice sized city, tons of restaurants, tons to do, and it still has that small town atmosphere. Going to move back someday.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    jsnake:
    My favorite is Springfield, Missouri. Nice sized city, tons of restaurants, tons to do, and it still has that small town atmosphere. Going to move back someday.
    Tons of excellent mom and pop restaurants there! If you've never had Crosstown BBQ, I highly recommend it! But don't be put off by the paper plates and the plastic forks...the food is excellent and the portions are extremely generous.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BStayer:
    jsnake:
    Tons of excellent mom and pop restaurants there! If you've never had Crosstown BBQ, I highly recommend it! But don't be put off by the paper plates and the plastic forks...the food is excellent and the portions are extremely generous.
    Crosstown is right across the street from Bass Pro and well worth a visit. Kansas City is famous for BBQ and I love what we have here. That is one BBQ in Springfield that equals the quality and taste here in KC.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Living in it right now: Seattle. Perfect mix of city and outdoors.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Ever been to Minneapolis MN? I went to college there, so I might be biased, but I loved it. Downtown is awesome. A ton to see and do, and still has some of the good ol' small town feel. Winter there does get long - everything else is great.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    JWB:
    Barstow California
    Do you do meth? LOL, J/K, I always used to stop by the mcdonalds that is all set up in trains, that was a cool place to take the kids
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    sightunseen:
    Living in it right now: Seattle. Perfect mix of liberals and expensive outdoor equipment.
    Fixed it for ya...
    nsezell:
    sightunseen:
    Living in it right now: Seattle. Perfect mix of liberals and expensive outdoor equipment.
    Fixed it for ya...
    Let me allay your fears by saying that you can avoid both if you know where to go in the city.
    I was there over xmas break...it was pretty bad from my point of view...any place that charges you if you don't recycle is a bit over the top if you ask me. I was actually there moving family into the city, so I'll be visiting again sometime soon. Where should I go next time?
    nsezell:
    I was there over xmas break...it was pretty bad from my point of view...any place that charges you if you don't recycle is a bit over the top if you ask me. I was actually there moving family into the city, so I'll be visiting again sometime soon. Where should I go next time?
    Depends on what you want to do. I fortunately live outside Seattle city limits so I believe I don't get charged that non-recycling fee. When are you here next? Let's have a cigar (or 3) when you visit your family next time.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I just spent a week in Austin, TX and had the time of my life. I have a little less than 2 years left on my contract, but when that time is up I will be headed to Austin.
  • Jdorais:
    My favorite city is the one I was born in- San Francisco. However Boston would be my go to city-espicially the north end. Runner up Kehei Maui.
    This is funny... born and raised in Boston and my go to would have to be San Francisco.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    JWB:
    Barstow California

I hope you are joiking about that one... I love San Diego but I was born and raised here - My favorite city to visit would definitely be Las Vegas - If I had to pick anywhere else to live it would be either Portland or Lake Tahoe.
    I'm getting married over the summer, so family will be coming down here, so it'll likely be xmas before we go back up there. I'll let you know tho.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    ljl:
    Ever been to Minneapolis MN? I went to college there, so I might be biased, but I loved it. Downtown is awesome. A ton to see and do, and still has some of the good ol' small town feel. Winter there does get long - everything else is great.

Hot Damn! Thats two votes for 612!
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    letsgowithbob:
    JWB:
    Barstow California
    Do you do meth? LOL, J/K, I always used to stop by the mcdonalds that is all set up in trains, that was a cool place to take the kids
    I've been to that McDonalds too. The coolest Mickey D's I've been too!
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    ljl:

Naw...thats three votes for the City of Lakes.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    MarkH:
    Goldy:
    ljl:

Naw...thats three votes for the City of Lakes.

Well I think we have a winner! There is a reason Mpls is often listed as the #2 best city to live in second to Portland.
  • It's more of a town, but I love Bisbee AZ. It's in the hills a few miles from Tombstone. I was stationed nearby for a few years, and loved that town. It's built into the sides of mountains so most houses can only be reached by staircase. And it has a very cool authentic, old west downtown, with a laid back, but vibrant nightlife. There is a great local brew(I think it's called Electric Ale, but it's been a while). It's also managed to avoid the tourist trap feel of nearby Tombstone.
  • andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    New Orleans. Best food, architecture, wildlife, inlaws, and my favorite b and m.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I am going to have to go with San Diego, Ca, I don't think there is any place that is better for me. I miss living there
  • andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Heading to San Diego in two weeks for week. Where is a great B&M?? I'm staying at the Mariott Marina.
  • I'm torn between Fort Collins, CO and Charleston, SC. I don't know where I want to move after undergrad, but I know I want the hell out of Akron, OH.