Home General Discussion
Options

It is awefully quiet around here. No one causing trouble?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    It is awefully quiet around here. No one causing trouble?
    It has been quiet the past few nights, but things turn quickly around here. Just don't mention the Government, cigar beetles, Gurkha vs. Patel, or Religion..
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I heard that anybody who prefers Gurkhas to RPs is both an anarchist and the Antichrist. And a cigar beetle, which amounts to the same thing.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    So I shouldn't say that Urbino is acutally a Democrat voting Republican because he supports the Cigar Bettle's plight and wants to see the Gurkha's make a hostile takeover of the RP company?
  • Options
    urbino:
    I heard that anybody who prefers Gurkhas to RPs is both an anarchist and the Antichrist. And a cigar beetle, which amounts to the same thing.
    Wow you managed to touch all bases in one short statement, very witty !
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Whoa...anarchy in the USSO!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its just how forums go. some days are busy and some arent. theyll be back.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    VIVA LA REVOLUCION DE BEETLE!!!!! VIVA EL HEFFE ROCKY!!! HAHAHA ... ... Ok, I'm done now... Had to respond to this one out of boredom. ;)
  • Options
    no, seriously. where is everyone. I havent seen urbi on in over 12 hours, maddy in 36 hours, lasy is on vacation but i just went to work for 6 hours and nobody posted while i was gone. Do i smell bad or something?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    no, seriously. where is everyone. I havent seen urbi on in over 12 hours, maddy in 36 hours, lasy is on vacation but i just went to work for 6 hours and nobody posted while i was gone. Do i smell bad or something?
    Hey kuzi , I was beginning to think the same thing. Maybe all this nice weather we are having is keeping people outside smoking and we will get all these great reviews in the next few days.
  • Options
    I don't know what nice weather you're having, but it's hotternhell here.

I was wondering where maddy had gotten off to, too. As for me, I've been around. Posting here and there. Just got a shipment from Ccom today, so I definitely need to get that tupperdor sorted out when I get home tonight.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Just got a shipment from Ccom today, so I definitely need to get that tupperdor sorted out when I get home tonight.
    According to USPS you should have a package from me waiting at home too.
  • Options
    urbino:

I was wondering where maddy had gotten off to, too. As for me, I've been around. Posting here and there. Just got a shipment from Ccom today, so I definitely need to get that tupperdor sorted out when I get home tonight.
    Urbi, hotternhell is better than coldernabitch or raininlikeamother so that is the nice weather I speak of.. How you doin'. whatcha pick up this time to add to the ever growing stash ?
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Urbi, hotternhell is better than coldernabitch or raininlikeamother so that is the nice weather I speak of.. How you doin'. whatcha pick up this time to add to the ever growing stash ?
    I dunno if it's better than coldernabitch or not. It's so humid here, when it gets this hot it really is just almost unlivable. Scrambler knows whereof I speak; Nola is the same way. Maybe even worse.

The shipment I got today was actually from somebody else. The Ccom shipment arrived yesterday. In it I got a few of each: Victor Sinclair 10th Aniversario, Padilla 68, Fuente 858 Candela, RP Vintage 92, Zino Platinum Scepter, and a Cusano sampler.

Today's shipment included a bundle of Nestor Reserve Maduros, and a few: Fuente Don Carlos, Avo Domaine, Graycliff Coronas Especiales '97.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    urbino:
    Just got a shipment from Ccom today, so I definitely need to get that tupperdor sorted out when I get home tonight.
    Excellent! Gives me another chance to flirt with the young hotties in the rental office. :)
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Actually it is hotternhell and raininlikeamother here in TN. Stupid weatherman said 0% chance of rain. I hate riding home in the rain. Then I get to deal with the 100% humidity at work all day.
  • Options
    No rain here, van. Just a few puffy clouds drifting by.
  • Options
    Well maybe my weather.com was reading Memphis instead of the terrential downpours and brown outs only an hour away. Fun times riding 70mph in rain.
  • Options
    Many of my favorites in that shipment.. RP92, AVO ( love 'em), Padilla 68, and anything from my best friends the Fuentes, and Graycliff.. It looks like you are really advancing nicely from your pipe days.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Well maybe my weather.com was reading Memphis instead of the terrential downpours and brown outs only an hour away. Fun times riding 70mph in rain.
    Did you take driving lessons from scrambler ? ( how did that work out anyway scrambler ) slow down guys.
  • Options
    That was only 5 over the speed limit. 65 down here.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    I got a ticket one time for doing the speed limit ( 55) but it was "to fast for conditions". snow. I have a AWD SUV so it seemed okay to me.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    ( how did that work out anyway scrambler )
    Dunno yet, I get to go back to traffic court in October.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    kaspera79:
    ( how did that work out anyway scrambler )
    Dunno yet, I get to go back to traffic court in October.
    Wow bro. I thought of you and you appeared !! Now I am thinking of Jennifer Connelly ! The courts must be crowded in your neighborhood. You better write that on the calender Three or four months waiting to be heard.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    vankleekkw:
    I got a ticket one time for doing the speed limit ( 55) but it was "to fast for conditions". snow. I have a AWD SUV so it seemed okay to me.
    That one sucks. I'm not sure what makes the average cop an expert on what the safe speed is for you and your vehicle in a given set of conditions.

But then my thought is that if your driving didn't result in loss of control and/or collision, then it was by definition "safe".

Oddly enough, when I was cited for 70mph, the cop indicated that conditions were clear & dry, even though it was quite wet. I'm tempted to bring this up at the trial (as to how I know I wasn't going 70), but I'm afraid that if the judge isn't convinced it will only make it worse for me.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I thought of you and you appeared !! Now I am thinking of Jennifer Connelly !
    LOL, let me know if that works out for you.

I'm bored at work so I keep peeking in here every so often, seems this is the only thread with any activity.
  • Options
    where do you work? isnt it 8:30 at night where you are now?
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    kaspera79:
    vankleekkw:
    That one sucks. I'm not sure what makes the average cop an expert on what the safe speed is for you and your vehicle in a given set of conditions.

But then my thought is that if your driving didn't result in loss of control and/or collision, then it was by definition "safe".

Oddly enough, when I was cited for 70mph, the cop indicated that conditions were clear & dry, even though it was quite wet. I'm tempted to bring this up at the trial (as to how I know I wasn't going 70), but I'm afraid that if the judge isn't convinced it will only make it worse for me.
    I wish you were in court with me that day as my legal counsel. That one cost 110 buck. Oh, by the way I passed side by side snow plows on the shoulder. That's how they do it here. get two state vehicles to set a slower pace, they think it makes people drive more safely I think it pi$$es people off.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    where do you work? isnt it 8:30 at night where you are now?
    I picked up a second job, working nights managing a bar.

Gotta pay for cigars and upgrades/accessories for my bike and car.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Yes. I could smell you all the way from the hotel when I was in OH. :P

As far as the driving stuff, people in Ohio are crazy, I was doing 85 pushing 90 most of my time driving up there and I still had people passing me. Even on the local highways, not just the OH or PA turnpikes. Cops didn't seem to care, either, since some of them were among those passing me.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Scrambler:
    urbino:
    Me too! Thanks, Scrambler.. some fine stuff in there! That sets the bar high for my outbound Fun & Games package.