Home Non Cigar Related

Raising Betta

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Non Cigar Related

I didn't want to necro an old thread... I didn't see one except one specifically about plants for them. so I figured I would start a new thread.

I have take to raising betta recently. I have had 4 in the last 2 years. One I was super happy with. But I came home from vacation a few months ago to find him dead. Not sure what happened. my second one she jumped out of the tank while I was at work and died... :( I currently have two betta that im keeping. One is in a 10gal tank with a small community and my other is in a 5gal tank by herself for now till I get a bigger setup.  Anyone else raise betta?

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    This is my 10gal tank setup

This is is my male

This is is my female
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I have 2 cichid tanks, 2 glofish tanks 1 mixed community and 1 just kind of hanging out.
    I have 2 cichid tanks, 2 glofish tanks 1 mixed community and 1 just kind of hanging out.

Im trying to find more space for tanks! LOL I have a plan on getting a 40gal tank that im gonna split into 4 separate 10gal compartments for my betta. My current 10gal has one male betta, 3 neon tetra, 3 albino corys and 2 nerite snails. I have a good system down with it. :) Im hoping to duplicate that through the whole 4 compartment 40gal setup.

you have pics of your tanks?
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Get the 40 gal and throw an arrowana in there, good entertainment, the Highland Games of the fish world

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LSnRYnQbmkU

A little dirt never hurt
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an arrowana for a while dirty bugger developed a taste for everything but fedder fish. 
    Ate about two hundred dollars in fish and outgrew my 65 gallon in no time 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't play well with others
    A little dirt never hurt