Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Spring is on the way

2»

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    The flowering crabapple... she is a'flowerin'! 
    Thats is one beautiful tree! Wish they would grow down here in Texas.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sir a beautiful day. Thought I would take my doctor's advice and lay out in the sun for some of that natural D3. Took out the chair and laid a white throw over it and came back for some iced tea. When I came back out the throw was covered in ticks. The little no feel ones that are such a nuisance, especially for dogs.

And if you look up ticks in any book they serve no good purpose whatsoever.

When I find them on one of the dogs now I set them on my spittoon ashtray and burn their little heads off. Some I stick pins in and watch them squirm. If we are outside and catch one we burn until they explode. The big lima beans we throw into a glass jar filled with clorox. Gonna use a spray attachment and Bug-B-Gone next week. In July we are putting out poison cotton balls so the mice can help kill them. The birds have returned in droves and are pecking away at them.

All of this and we can't make a dent in them. Oh, I discovered a new one, life is great.

I am old, a lot of medical problems and usually brooke. If I could get rid of the ticks I would be a happy man.
  • Options
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a tick?  Looks like a spider to me....
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    That's a tick?  Looks like a spider to me....
    The text didn't post. That is the biggest black widow spider I have ever seen.
  • Options
    I was gonna guess black widow but since I couldn't see her belly I thought it might be a spider that's local to y'all. We've got plenty of widows out here, too....
  • Options
    The kids just showed up at my BR door and they are all holding snakes.
    Go away and leave me alone.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    The kids just showed up at my BR door and they are all holding snakes.
    Go away and leave me alone.
    Bwahahahahaha!!
  • Options
    Beautiful....  :o
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our wild azaleas are blooming. The red ones bloom first followed by the orange and finally thee yellow. They bloom for six weeks. 
    Hey Rodger, you'll get a kick outta this:

I used your tag line "The Native Peoples of the Americas gave tobacco to the world." on our Indian Motorcycles Cigar site. I thought it was a pretty good brag, as well as apt. But Polaris objected that due to "native american sensibilities" I must remove that quote. What? Polaris make the Indian Murdercycle. They license the Indian Motorcycles Cigar. 

Meanwhile...

The cherry tree blossomed:

Dropped abundant petals:

and now those petals are blowing away:

Then it rained steady for 24 hours. Next day, robins played tug of war with worms.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A road runner in the back yard.
    I felt like Wyl E. Coyote trying to get a decent pic of this guy! 

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most our plants have drowned.
    So sick of the damn rain.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    The ticks can swim. But more and more of the chickens are on the hunt.