Home Non Cigar Related

Where is this global warming?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had to go get a couple bags of pellets for my pellet stove the other night. It's the middle of freakin June! 

We've had a few nice days, but by June, we should have pretty consistent mid 60s weather and we're not even close to that. 

Bring on El Nino!!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    93 here today.  We almost made it to June without A/C, though.  That's kind of the goal in PA since many around here use window units.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    75 already with 80% humidibiditty. Sure fire prescription for thunder bumbles. Sposed to hit 93. Summer is two weeks late.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    75 already with 80% humidibiditty. Sure fire prescription for thunder bumbles. Sposed to hit 93. Summer is two weeks late.
    Image result for thunder bumbles?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's in the Midwest. I'm down here with the Lou Crew and it was a cool 95 degrees yesterday. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antarctica.  Ice shelves breaking loose.  Meanwhile, we had the mildest winter in years, here.  But, we're just now reaching 90F, and I can think of many years when we'd had more than 2 weeks in the 100's by this time of year.  I'll take it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Antarctica.  Ice shelves breaking loose.  Meanwhile, we had the mildest winter in years, here.  But, we're just now reaching 90F, and I can think of many years when we'd had more than 2 weeks in the 100's by this time of year.  I'll take it.

I loved the story that came out last year about the intrepid and heroic land lauber sailors on a mission to explore the diminished ice shelf and report back on the dire conditions. OOPS..... They were blocked by ice 400(40?) miles from their objective.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first moved here there was a drought of sorts. Now there are floods and days when the rain is so hard you can't see 25 feet. Before we had the roof fixed we never heard the rain. Now with a new roof, it at times sounds like a marching army. Even a few hail storms in the mix. But, it was a mild winter and I love snow. :'(