Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Anyone up for beer trades?

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the replies. I be trying still.

I find it funny that someone posted/bought some Zombie Dust the other day which is made in Munster Indiana and the only place near me that carries it has raffles for the shiiiit. 

But I have my Unicorns still

Blind Pig
    Pliny the Elder
    Pappy Van Winkle 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Was out today and actually found some Zombie Dust. 2 bottle limit though. What a crock of shiit 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kinds of beers do you like @Bigshizza? I'll find a few that should put a smile on your face.
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like IPA's and stouts for sure Dave...
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodney, you want zombie Dust?  I have too much of that. Don't know what to do with it all.  :D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    edited August 2017
    skydiverD said:
    Rodney, you want zombie Dust?  I have too much of that. Don't know what to do with it all.  :D
    Nope I am fine. I drank one last night and it is not my cup of tea. TY though.

Glad I only bought 2 now.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I too think it's overrated. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Yep I too think it's overrated. 
     I was being nice. It taste like shiit actually. Talk about one over hyped product. I'll stick to UFO and Blue Moon for now. I also got some Central Waters Bourbon Barrel I am gonna try. I am sure that will deliver. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the best way to pack bottles for shipping? Will the heat effect the precious contents?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    There is a thread on shipping beer somewhere.  I take each bottle/can and put it in a ziplock bag then shrink wrap over that, this way if it breaks no liquid will come out alerting usps to its contents.  From there either a **** ton of bubble wrap, or cardboard tubes work amazing and they are hard to crush (thank you Todd).  Then more bubble wrap.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    cardboard tubes work amazing and they are hard to crush (thank you Todd).  Then more bubble wrap.  
    This the way to go. 5 will go into a large flat rate box but they can play soccer with it and you're still good.

Cut the tube to box length, bunch up 1 sheet of bubble wrap, put in tube, roll 2 sheets bubble wrap individually and wrap around bottle neck, stuff bottle in tube, add more bubble wrap if needed. Tape both ends of tube. Repeat.......

So I've heard ;)
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a good source for cardboard tubes?  I used my last tube and want to know where I can find more.  Also, I've been vac sealing the bottles in foodsaver bags just in case.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster Looks like Amazon has different sizes at a decent price. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Yakster said:
    What's a good source for cardboard tubes?  I used my last tube and want to know where I can find more.  Also, I've been vac sealing the bottles in foodsaver bags just in case.
    I just use that local Staples or Office Max.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Nope I am fine. I drank one last night and it is not my cup of tea. TY though.

Glad I only bought 2 now.
    Gotcha.  Beer and cigars.  Totally subjective and everyone has their own taste.  I will say that I like the dust, but I don't get all the hype about it.  I think its good, but so are many other APA's that I can get regularly and cheaper.  So every once in a while I grab a six pack, just to keep @usaf06 on his toes. :D   But if it went away tomorrow, I wouldn't really notice.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Mr. Pliny. 

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!!
    Ahhh yes, the ever elusive Pliny.........I wish more breweries would get away from the "New England style" IPA and go back to more like this.

Roland
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love New England style ipa's. I wish a brewery in Florida would make one
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    Civil Society it's close to Funky Buddah if you get there
    Colleen is a big fan of Pale ales as well That Floy Division is one of her new favorites.  The other bottle is new never tried.  The ones in the cans are super tasty!  Enjoy buddy.  No worries on repaying you have more than taken care of me over the years, I owed ya!  Enjoy!!!!!!!
    MOW badge received.
    Usaf06 said:
    I just brewed a mango milkshake IPA. I'll send you a bottle or two once it's done.

Roland
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is an IPA?
    I don't know anything about beer, but I keep seeing the IPA thing on them?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    India Pale Ale
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited August 2017
    Ale shipped to India during colonial times had extra hops added to prevent spoilage on the long journey.  That give the beer extra bitterness and "hoppy" flavor and people acquired a taste for this style of beer.  Juniper was used in early beer as a preservative before hops became standard.  Look up Gruit if you're interested in ancient beers brewed with other herbs than hops.

Back then, I imagine, the hops weren't very fresh and the main contribution besides preservation was bitterness.  Today, the IPAs use all sorts of floral and bouquet hops with contributions like grapefruit, pine tree, tropical fruit, and other flavors, but I doubt that these flavors would survive a long journey to India, in fact ironically many great IPAs should be drank very fresh, if not at the brewery, like Pliny the Elder.

If bitters is in your wheelhouse, give it a try.  I find them refreshing.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am Gruit
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited August 2017
    Big TY to Jeff for helping me out very much appreciated @ExpendableYouth.

My end is heading your way. TY Again.

TY to others who offered to help me as well. 

Finally got me some Pliny. Now if anyone has some Blind Pig they would be willing to trade let me know. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?