Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Anyone up for beer trades?

124»

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Blind Pig is only being sold at the brewery from my understanding. I am glad my packing job was sufficient. Would have sucked if they broke in transit. 
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything was fine and actually the beer was still well below room temp which is even better.

TY again for the help.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you give up on the Pappy Van Winkle @miller65rod
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:

Nope but I am not paying the ridiculous asking prices.

If I never get a bottle around MSRP I will survive. Plenty of other great Bourbons out there. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

dirtdude said:

Nope but I am not paying the ridiculous asking prices.

If I never get a bottle around MSRP I will survive. Plenty of other great Bourbons out there. 

I've had had Pappy a number of times, and while it is really good it is also really overhyped. It's definitely not worth the $25-30 a shot that I've seen it going for in bars. Bevmo will put you on a 3-4 year waitlist if you want to get it at cost. 
    edited August 2017
    I am on year 6 right now of a waiting list with a local liquor store by me. I am patient lol.

And for the reasons you stated above is why I will wait to find it MSRP. The craze will end one day and the yuppies will move on to something else. Like bottled cow pisss or something.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Pappy mmmmmm so goooood
    jliu said:
    Pappy mmmmmm so goooood

@jliu I thought you only sipped on Pepto-Bismol while perched on your porcelain throne? 
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Only on tat tuesdays
    Enjoy them buddy. I think I may have one tonight myself. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Jeff 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Just got @Patrickbrick end of the trade. Thanks for the amazing selection. I am going to let these rest a few days before I give them a try!
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my end of a trade with @NOGILLS2, he sent me some very tasty sounding porter.  Mr. Gilless decided the box was too big for just the six pack, so he stuck some great cigars in as well.  Thank you very much kind sir, I will crack into these on Saturday.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence."

Sounds tasty :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    What's a good source for cardboard tubes?  I used my last tube and want to know where I can find more.  Also, I've been vac sealing the bottles in foodsaver bags just in case.
    I can get paper tubes. 3.3", 4", and 5" any length.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.