Home Non Cigar Related

Getting sick of this log in thing.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Non Cigar Related
Getting tired of having to log in every time I turn around.
For some reason, the damn thing won't keep me logged in.
On both my phone and my computer.

Now, not only do I have to check the I am not an F'n Robot, but now I have to do the find the F'n cars and signs captcha.

To Ccom, if it ain't broke, quit MESSING with it. (Wonderful censor)
Seriously, I like buying cigars here and coming to the forums, but if it becomes too much of an aggravation, I'm out.

Please check the box. Ok, I did that.
Please click on the cars. Ok!!
Please click on the cars. Christ, I did!!
Please check the new images. WTF??

Wasn't in a good mood to start with and trying to log in just was another aggravation in an already crappy day.

And then there is the wonderful censor that stars out stupid things.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.
Post edited by 0patience on

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have some patience, man.  ;-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep breaths, Tony. Grab a cigar and a bourbon. Everything will be okay.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bother logging out?  I don't......   :#
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never logs me out
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It logs me out, I don't log out.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with passwords is passwords.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

It never logs me out
    You're "special"?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else but when I'm done with the website I just click on an icon (widget?) and go to another website. I guess I just don't understand the problem. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    0patience said:
    It logs me out, I don't log out.

I get logged out about once a month now, but a while back it was doing this to me constantly. Then it just stopped.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got to stop eating the CCOM website cookies when your done, Tony.  :D
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use incognito mode instead of deleting your history :wink:

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    Use incognito mode instead of deleting your history :wink:

I don't delete anything.
    It happens on my phone and my pc. 
    I don't even have to close the browser and it happens.

I don't mess with any settings. 
    I open the browser on my computer and close it when I shut off the computer. 
    Most times it's open always.

On my phone, I tap on the chrome icon, I browse and then to get out of it, I use the Home button.

WTF is incognito and wtf is the wink for?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incognito hides your search history. If you are using Chrome all of your device histories are linked. If someone deletes history on a desktop, your phones history will be gone as well and vice versa. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Well, that stuff doesn't get cleared.
    I hate it when the history gets cleared, cause if I looked up something, I want to be able to go back to it and I'm the only one who uses the phone and computer.

As for my pc and phone being linked, I don't log into chrome on my pc, so only my phone and tablet are linked on Google. 

I don't check my email or use anything like google hangouts on my pc, so I never log into Google on my pc and I don't like notifications when I am working on things.
    My desktop is for automotive and graphics work and the email on it isn't gmail. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    The only times I've noticed this happening (outside of one period of site upgrades) to me is after my web browser updates.  Sites think I'm on a different browser and don't recognize me.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    edited September 2017
    I was just locked put of the site for the past hour, both on the laptop and celly. Just kept getting the "there's been an error" page.

Been having a lot of issues posting this week too. Keeps saying my comment will be posted upon moderator approval.

And I can't like/awesome/wtf anything. Keeps saying "whoops something went wrong".
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    I was just locked put of the site for the past hour, both on the laptop and celly. Just kept getting the "there's been an error" ppage.

Been having a lot of issues posting this week too. Keeps saying my comment will be posted upon moderator approval.

And I can't like/awesome/wtf anything. Keeps saying "whoops something went wrong".
    Me too, though I was fired.
    The forum knows who the trouble-makers are.   ;)
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    ...just us "Weirdo's....
    TruDog said:
    peter4jc said:
    ...just us "Weirdo's....
    Don't you mean WeirdO's?
    WooF
    Haven't had login/logout problems, but my new Windows 10 laptop doesn't do anything after login after an update. I'm able to bring up the task manager and manually run programs, I'm trying restore points now. 

peter4jc said:
    TruDog said:
    peter4jc said:
    ...just us "Weirdo's....
    Don't you mean WeirdO's?
    ....ya goT mE.

Markwell said:
    WooF
    ...ArF...
    Got back in, for now.