Home Ratings & Reviews

Rosado cigars.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Some time back, I had a JDN Rosado cigar and then a week or so ago, I had an AF Rosado.
So I started to look for another JDN Rosado, but the supply seems to be dried up.

I have had the Partagas Spanish Rosado and it's alright, but the only ones I've seen available lately are the La Palina Classic Rosado and the Alec Bradley Nica Puro Rosado.

But I was wondering if anyone else likes Rosado cigars and what ones they like.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...closest I can come is REPOSADO at CI......those are some big honkers
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuente Rosado Magnum 44's are one of the best.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuente Rosado Magnum 44's are one of the best.
    Agreed. I just get on a kick where when I find a wrapper I like, like cammies, I go searching and I had the JDN Rosalone and can't find it anymore, so I thought maybe someone had come across something other than AF Rosado and Partagas, as I've had them and like them and have a few stashed.

I may have to go after a couple La Palina and Alec Bradley and see how those are.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience I believe bltc lawless has a rosado wrapper. Its probably my favorite of their baseline cigars
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Southern Draw Firstborn and my father la antiguedad 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.
    Gonna have to check those out.
    Haven't had but one or two of the Black Label stuff, so that sounds like I will have to look it up.

Never heard of Southern Draw.
    Now to go looking. Thanks guys
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuente makes a sun grown Rosario.

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/shop/?q=arturo+fuente+rosado

Great candidate for the Daily Deal @timb
    A little dirt never hurt
    0patience said:
    Thanks guys.
    Haven't had but one or two of the Black Label stuff, so that sounds like I will have to look it up.

Awhile back @Gray4lines mentioned the Southern Draws , so I looked them up. They have been on my to-try list since then.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    0patience said:
    Thanks guys.

Awhile back @Gray4lines mentioned the Southern Draws , so I looked them up. They have been on my to-try list since then.
    @deadman
    Yes! Kudzu's. You won't be disappointed.   Haven't tried the firethorn, although I think I have 1 in the humidor.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did enjoy the Firethorn, but I hear great things about the Kudzu.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows this ****? Who knows all there is to know about "Rosado Wrappers" and the tobacco used to make them? I've been goggling but, I ain't satisfied to read the same crap over and over,..... hard to grow outside of Cuba, limited supply, reddish hue. 

Is it a specific strain or is it just about color? Tell me everything. Only experts answer please. Well,.... OK,..... know-it-alls should answer too. 
    If you have to ask, your not ready.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    I agree with Bob. Is it a specific type or just the color? 
    Wylaff said:
    If you have to ask, your not ready.
    Screw you young'un. I want to be sniffin' a Rosado cigar halfway up my sinuses and know SOMTHIN about wtf it IS. I'm damn ready for that dammit!
    It's the ZJ of the tobacco world.

Wylaff said:
    It's the ZJ of the tobacco world.
    Stop makin' me google more stuff! :(