Home Non Cigar Related

EDC (Every day carry)

Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
Come one, come all. Show off the gear you don't leave home without. Wallets, watches, jewelry, knives, guns, cutters, lighters, bags and any other doodads and whizbangs that line your pockets or cover your body

Comments

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victorinox tinker. I use this for almost everything.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that an old MG  your driving Macgyver... LOL I carry one too.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    Lol Pete 379. It's my 10 ton daily driver
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Nothing like a good Barlow @webmost
    The just in case pipe kit. I usually don't have time to smoke every day but when I do, it's nose warmer to the rescue
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice folder @silvermouse. No frills, all business
    The tactical satchel. This bad mamma jamma is my lunch box, book bag, and catch all for everything that doesn't sit well in my pockets. It's like the Tardis with it's exterior appearance vs interior space
    Nothing like a good Barlow @webmost
    Tidioute.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@webmost I'm not sure why it capitalized barlow like a brand. I meant it as a description of a style of single blade non locking folding knife
    @webmost I'm not sure why it capitalized barlow like a brand. I meant it as a description of a style of single blade non locking folding knife

My previous Barlow had an oversized bolster and a, whatchacallit, kinda oval ended  handle. Lemme find a pic

Yeah, this one:

... got that when I joined the boy scouts.

Not a knife expert, don't even play one on TV. I am a collector, tho ... in that I collect exactly one knife at a time, hone it down to a skinny sliver, then collect another... which may take ten years for that cycle to complete.

Whipped it out last night when we took my visiting stepson out to a steakhouse. Dunno how people live without a knife. That shabby serrated foolishness they give you in a restaurant, that just haggles your meat. Disgusting.

I certainly see the difference in the bolsters. Steak knives in restaurants are garbage. If I wanted shredded beef I would have ordered it. I generally cut my steaks in restaurants with my own knife too. It's sharper and I know where it's been
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Three bottle openers, a coffee brew mug for the morning commute and ground coffee for the afternoon slump, and two cell phones, a wallet, a handkerchief, pens, and pocket change (not pictured). 

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Oh snap. @Yakster is pulling stops out. Why do you need 3 bottle openers?
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keys, wallet, phone, 11" work laptop. I try to travel light.
    Wow. That is light @CharlieHeis. I'm the opposite. If I ever encounter deep water I'm doomed. I would sink like a stone
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kershaw's    I carry the small one everyday and sometimes it's big brother.
    Fenix pd35 light. Its way more light than I need but it's a fun gizmo
    Gerber mp. Snapping it open one handed makes me feel cool
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys got it all wrong..... IT'S GREAT TO BE RETIRED!!! Then is all you need to carry is yourself.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keys, triple torch, bic, and Victorinox Hunter.  I've alternated between the Hunter and the Tinker for decades.  Although, since I've about worn this one out, it's time for a new Hunter.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Sleddog46 said:
    You guys got it all wrong..... IT'S GREAT TO BE RETIRED!!! Then is all you need to carry is yourself.
    I have to carry a few pounds of steel on me. Otherwise all the hot air I'm full of might finally lift me right off the ground
    Beautiful pieces @Rhamlin.

I have one of those Henry knives given to me by my father. He searched long and hard to find one identical to his since they went out of production several years ago or changed production quality or some such. I refuse to carry it for fear of damaging or losing something I couldn't possibly replace
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keys, triple torch, bic, and Victorinox Hunter.  I've alternated between the Hunter and the Tinker for decades.  Although, since I've about worn this one out, it's time for a new Hunter.

Oops! Can't believe I forgot, Czech pipe tool.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    timex weekender
    leatherman skeletool
    ridge wallet
    polarized sunglasses

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wondering if I should post mine??

Some may find it a bit, scary

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:

Wondering if I should post mine??

Some may find it a bit, scary

Is it a ghost gun with 30 caliber clipazines? Lol
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5