Home Ratings & Reviews

This cutter really peaked my interest

PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
MOW badge received.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got the desktop cutter idea; it's easier to simply sit down with your cigar and cut, than go where the cutter is and then sit down.  Same would apply to desktop lighters, I suppose.   

But that's not to say this isn't a cool gadget.  It looks cool, and could sit on a shelf or desk in an executive smoking room and not be out of place.  And nobody would know what it is.  I wonder how you gauge how far in your cigar is, whether or not there's some kind of stop or backplate; especially for a guillotine, I like to be able to look at the other side and judge how deep I'm cutting.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only smoke in one place, so it would work.  I do agree Peter I too check the other side before I cut.  Will be interested in reading reviews on this when it lands.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jliu review
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks pretty cool. Hope it works as good as it looks. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks and sounds cool but also sounds like a lot can go go wrong with it too. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can not find any user reviews yet, but the manufacturer sure makes it sound good. 
    MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I was reading where a fellow was using the vcut side and wasn’t careful how he was holding it. Didn’t realize his finger  was in the hole on the straight cut side. Lost a little flesh on his finger tip.