Home Ratings & Reviews

Gran Habano Cabinet Selection

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got interested in this cigar a few years ago, when I was buying a lot of GH vintage, but was put off by the price-tag.  I thought that sooner or later one would come in the COTM, or a Daily Deal, or something.

A couple weeks ago they finally showed up on a DD, and they're on the clearance page.  I bought the DD, and of course had to try one when they got here, which usually doesn't work out that well.

The draw was perfect, the burn was perfect, the flavor...well, I think they've spent some time in dry dock might be a good way to put it.  So, I'm waiting a few weeks to try another.

My question is, is anyone familiar with them?  Been smoking them?  I don't find any comments, anywhere on the forum.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, the old "Cone of Silence".

;)

At any rate, tried another one.  The flavor is much improved, kind of reminded me of 5Vegas classic, or maybe Padilla Artemis.  Could still stand some improvement, maybe a longer resuscitation will help.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked my last one of these the other day, both last of the bundle and, well, the last one.  One of the great disappointments of my cigar smoking hobby.  I guess I'll always wonder, were they ever worth anything?  If 9 months in the humidor didn't revive them, I guess not.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a long time since I’ve tried any Gran Habano. Used to love the Vintage myself until they started stuffing them with scraps.