Home Cigar 101

Cigar wife needs shopping advice.

Cigar-20060335Cigar-20060335 Posts: 2
edited December 2017 in Cigar 101
My husband quit smoking cigarettes  while deployed in Iraq 7 years ago.  Last year while on a mission in Romania he was introduced to the pairing of a cigar with his favorite scotch. 

I bought him a desktop humidor for Christmas and wanted to buy him a variety/sample of cigars, that he can't get locally (NW MT)  and higher quality (if needed... as this is out of my league). 

The bands he's kept of the ones he smoked are:
*Gurkha / Royal Challenge 
*Rocky Patel / Vintage 1999 Connecticut
*Imported / Ashton
*Natural / Drew Estate
*A Fuente / Gran Reserva 

He won't spend money for cigars so I would like to treat him with a sample pack similar to what he likes... And upgraded suggestions too if it's worth it.... I really don't know what I'm doing... That's why I'm here
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Wylaff said:
    As it seems as though he is fairly new to cigars, the Cigar of the Month club could be a good gift idea.

https://www.cigar.com/club/

Not only will he get a chance to try 5 new sticks a month, but he'll get a newsletter that tells him about those sticks, what type of tobacco they are, etc...

I'm sure whatever you find he'll be more than happy with :)
    Let's say I ordered this today... Do you know when the first shipment will show up? 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would usually be SmartPost. so early next week I would guess.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also call up the reps at cigar.com and talk to Andy D or another rep, tell them what he smokes and ask them to build something for you too. Just another thought though the cigar if the month club is a great idea too. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “A forum fiver” is a loose term here :) tell your old man he’ll be in our thoughts. I’d go with just calling and talking with a rep. Tell them your situation and what he’s smoked. Ask what deals they can do. And be sure and tell your guy to pop in and say hello. 
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Oh there is so much potential with this thread but I will be nice

We need more wives like u
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would get to seasoning that humidor for him as that will take a couple of weeks, easiest way is to get the seasoning kit from Boveda.
    Cheers
    A little dirt never hurt