Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Oh hell yes. PM sent. I'll post a clue for my movie later today.
  • Options
    Alright, boys and girls, step right up and play movie trivia pass!

Clue #1: The movie takes place primarily on a US historic landmark.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Gettysburg. Based on the book, Killer Angels. Maybe?
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Tony. Since I'm ineligible and can't post any guesses I pm'd my guess to you. Although I'm the only one who comes on this site, the fellas at work love following this game. They're always asking, "Hey Phil, any new clues???"
  • Options
    Sounds good. PM Replied. I can see how this is an addicting game. You should totally get your coworkers into cigars and have them join in on the action.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Gettysburg. Based on the book, Killer Angels. Maybe?
    Nope. I'll be posting another clue at around noon. I'm on the west coast so it will be afternoon for the folks in the other timezones.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Hey Tony. Since I'm ineligible and can't post any guesses I pm'd my guess to you. Although I'm the only one who comes on this site, the fellas at work love following this game. They're always asking, "Hey Phil, any new clues???"

The only other person I work with in my 40,000 square foot office loves this game too and the hilarious hijinx that go on here.

I love this game, but i'm not very good at it. I can't wait for the next clue!
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    clearlysuspect:

The only other person I work with in my 40,000 square foot office loves this game too and the hilarious hijinx that go on here.

Where do you work? On a farm? Baseball field?
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    nightmaremike31:
    clearlysuspect:

A warehouse. My job consists of stacking and un-stacking mountains of and truck loads of ... cardboard boxes. It's pretty exciting...
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    sightunseen:
    nightmaremike31:
    clearlysuspect:

A warehouse. My job consists of stacking and un-stacking mountains of and truck loads of ... cardboard boxes. It's pretty exciting...
    Ah, so obivous. The square footage threw me off for a second.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    nightmaremike31:
    sightunseen:
    nightmaremike31:
    clearlysuspect:

Ah, so obivous. The square footage threw me off for a second.

Here is a quick shot of larger half

• Options
    Looks like you got plenty of space to smoke inside. Can you smoke in there?

Alright, clue #2: A quote from the poet Virgil was used in one of the lines in this movie.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    Looks like you got plenty of space to smoke inside. Can you smoke in there?

Alright, clue #2: A quote from the poet Virgil was used in one of the lines in this movie.

I wont lie, it crosses my mind more often than not, but the ventilation is so horrible that smoke lasts for days and the cardboard starts to absorb the smell. We get a few contractors that come in smoking cigarettes and the stagnant fumes become very pungent after a few days. But I do have the occasional cigar outside when the weather is decent.

AND I don't know what movie this is.
  • Options
    heh, clue #2 got it for me. I have to wait for another 8 or 10 hours before I can guess though. :)
  • Options
    Do I get to guess yet? I think it's time!

The Rock is the movie. The quote is "I feer Greeks, even when they bring gifts" and Sean Connery says the quote. I LOVE that movie.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:

The Rock is the movie. The quote is "I feer Greeks, even when they bring gifts" and Sean Connery says the quote. I LOVE that movie.
    "Ah, an educated man."

You got it, Tat. PM me your info.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    TatuajeVI:

not to be a ballbreaker, but the line is said by Nick Cage...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    TatuajeVI:

not to be a ballbreaker, but the line is said by Nick Cage...
    heh, you're right. lol. My bad. Hmm... I think I have my movie picked out!
  • Options
    The movie I am thinking about is a movie I saw on TV a few weeks ago. It is a movie based on one of the books on many famous "Top 100 books of the 20th century" lists. It's on my list of books to read.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    No Country For Old Men.
  • Options
    Hmm, you said 20th century...guess I should have paid more attention. D'oh
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    lol. Excellent movie, though. And I also need to read that book.
  • Options
    Well, I'm not allowed to play yet, and I have no guesses anyway, but Googleing "Top 100 books of the 20th century" has certainly given me a new "to read" list! Thanks!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    j0z3r:
    lol. Excellent movie, though. And I also need to read that book.
    The novel is really good. I don't know if you've read any Cormac Mcarthy, but I really like his writing style, he manages to convey so much without bloating his novels and really makes the minimalist style work. Good stuff.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Well, I'm not allowed to play yet, and I have no guesses anyway, but Googleing "Top 100 books of the 20th century" has certainly given me a new "to read" list! Thanks!
    Definitely. I've read a few from there, but let's be serious - not anywhere near respectable. If you haven't read "Deliverance" you really, really need to. Read that one this fall, smoked a ton of cigars while reading it, too. Sincerely one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read - and of course an amazing adventure that brings out that "Wild at heart" sprirt for adventure. Need to read it again.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    clearlysuspect:
    Definitely. I've read a few from there, but let's be serious - not anywhere near respectable. If you haven't read "Deliverance" you really, really need to. Read that one this fall, smoked a ton of cigars while reading it, too. Sincerely one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read - and of course an amazing adventure that brings out that "Wild at heart" sprirt for adventure. Need to read it again.
    I've read precisely ten of them. 3 of them were the anti-utopian novels: 1984, Handmaid's Tale, Brave New World. Then there was Lord of the Rings. Read the entire trilogy in 3 days while on an aircraft carrier, one book per day. Then there were the high school books: Catcher In The Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, Diary of Anne Frank, Of Mice and Men. Became a fan of Heart of Darkness because of T.S. Eliot's "Hollow Men, and last but not least Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Though I do believe that So Long and Thanks For All The Fish was the better of the Douglas Adams books.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    TatuajeVI:
    The movie I am thinking about is a movie I saw on TV a few weeks ago. It is a movie based on one of the books on many famous "Top 100 books of the 20th century" lists. It's on my list of books to read.
    this is the first time i've played and therefore my first guess ever... I'm gonna reach a little and assume you didn't see this movie on basic cable... Clockwork Orange???
  • Options
    robbyras:
    TatuajeVI:
    this is the first time i've played and therefore my first guess ever... I'm gonna reach a little and assume you didn't see this movie on basic cable... Clockwork Orange???
    Another book I need to read. But that is not the one.

My next clue: This movie has flashbacks throughout different time periods, following the different people in the movie throughout their lives. The beginning of the movie shows a murder of one of the people.
  • Options
    Butterfly effect?
  • Options
    Nope. Haven't seen that one, either. I'll have another clue tonight or tomorrow morning.