Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainy nights are incredibly warmer than clear nights.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rained in the Bay this morning dipping down to the low 30's tonight. Clear and cold ( for CA)

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposed to get down to 29 tonight, damn it's gonna be cold.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Soft mist all night then a drastic drop in temp (35 to 20 in about 2 hours) gave us a crystal clear sheet of ice on every road in the home range. Truck kicked sideways several times on me when my trailer tried to race me down the hills. Salters got out before it had another chance to win. I'm toting around 2000 pounds of ice frozen to this rig though.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    High of 8 F, low of -5 F

Limited dog walks...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold and snowy here
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had 18 degrees, light snow and 50 mph gusts Christmas Eve. The cover on our raised bed of kale got torn off and I found it down in the woods 50 yards from the garden, The kale was freeze-dried so I harvested it all and cooked it. We ate some and put the rest in the freezer. Still got a bed of collards for good luck on new years. Going to warm up a bit in the next few days and then get down to single digits with snow. One thing about these mountains,if you don't like the weather hang around and it will change.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooler than usual, 79 F and cloudy
    Rained a little before the sun came up
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three inches of snow on the ground in Bethlehem. I got to drive back in it on Christmas eve...beautiful. Made a detour to Jim Thorpe which was actually deserted for a change. We only received about an inch in our valley. 

The 7-day has highs in the mid 20's and lows dropping into the single digits. We need more snow!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lows in the 20s highs 30s/40s. Thursday thru Monday wintery mix.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -8 with windchill of -25 right now
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I'm going to need some antifreeze in me this weekend. Check out the high and low temp for Sat-Mon. Eff this.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ This should be in the You can't make this stuff up thread!^^^
    I will deal with the bad drivers, **** roaches, and man¥ana attitude instead of those temps! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    21 degrees and feels like 8 out and it's supposed to be this way all week. Thank goodness for our wood stove and plenty of wood. 71 in the house.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    14 degrees here...going down to 9. This weekend it's getting down to 5 degrees. The radiators are constantly hissing to keep the house at 67. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Perfect outdoor smoking weather. I need a shed so bad
    Good lord, man! Can't you persuade the Mrs to let you have the basement???
    Damn suddenly a low of 40 no longer seems that bad! 

@Markwell unfortunately it's a rental and not our choice. I have a 18k btu propane heater but without an enclosed space it doesn't do much. I'm heavily eyeballing a portable ice fishing shanty though. I could turn that 20 square feet into a sweat lodge in seconds flat
    Seen some super talented ones out there...everything from sheds to pool houses. Don't' think I've come across any ice fishing shanty conversions. That'd be cool. Good thing about something that size - when you move your cigar lounge will be the first thing ready to go.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 degrees here and dropping. Supposed to be -5 for the weekend. In my studio I've got 1300 sq feet on the main floor to heat with 10 ft ceilings and five  3x5ft windows. There is a ceiling hung 40,000 btu radiant tube heater and my wood stove. Takes about two hours to get it above 50. Coffee helps as do lots of layers. My cigars in the humidors rarely get above 50. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's up to 10f here with nighttime temps in the single digits for the next week.... Wood stove's got the house warmed up to 55. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ice in the horses water thingys is over 4 inches thick.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    The ice in the horses water thingys is over 4 inches thick.
    You shouldn't use all those technical terms.  LOL
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freaking cold is what it is!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, it gets even worse. Apparently I live in Canada. I'm moving to St. Cloud FL or Carrizo Springs TX.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in the freaking 20's!  I didn't move south to be cold.  Of course, everything is relative.  In NY, we'd be in short sleeved shirts with that temperature.
    43* In the Bay right now... 

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks