Home Non Cigar Related

What are you doing with your Tax Return?

I have the opportunity to invest my tax return in a few different places this year, and I was wondering...

What are you doing with your tax return?

Comments

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking in to investing in a Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser 6 Shot shotgun for a good home security device.

Anybody have any experience with Mossberg?
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I'm saving it... First time in my life that I have built up a piddly little savings account... I'm going to eventually use this money to go to the Dominican Republic in June.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    what's a tax return. I haven't seen one in years.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Unfortunately I have to pay in, no return for me... my fiance will be getting a good one though. We're going to be using that to pay towards the wedding... that'a pretty good investment imo!!
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    I'm going to be good and stick mine away this year...no fun buying for me.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to invest in the......LOTTERY!!!!! jk I have a new youngling coming in June/July...probably going to use the money to buy some baby furniture and to do a few things around the house to get ready for the new arrival!

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    nightmaremike31:
    I'm looking in to investing in a Mossberg 500 Tactical Cruiser 6 Shot shotgun for a good home security device.

The Mossberg 500 is a great shotgun. However, I would encourage you to take a look at the Remington 870 Tactical. They are a little easier to modify on your own and there are more fun toys/accessories available for the 870. Both are great shotguns, but the 870 is just slightly better for the reasons listed above.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Unfortunately I have to pay in, no return for me... my fiance will be getting a good one though. We're going to be using that to pay towards the wedding... that'a pretty good investment imo!!
    Hey Congratulations. I don't know if its a good investment but its definetly a good start if you want you marriage to last lol.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    nightmaremike31:

The Mossberg 500 is a great shotgun. However, I would encourage you to take a look at the Remington 870 Tactical. They are a little easier to modify on your own and there are more fun toys/accessories available for the 870. Both are great shotguns, but the 870 is just slightly better for the reasons listed above.

Very good to know, because I do want to modify my shotgun. I was at Cabela's and they had quite a few Remingtons that came with 2 barrels and 2 grips that peaked my intrerest. I'm also checking out Remingtons website and I'm really liking what I see.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have to pay my state, I owe some coin.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I will be saving a good portion of mine for moving costs that will be coming up in early June, but there are two things I'm looking to invest in before then. I'm going to drop around $100 on some cigars, and seriously considering picking up and AR-15. Will probably go with the Colt or the S&W, but I found a Sig SWAT model at the gun show this weekend that was amazing! Compact, folding stock for close quarters entry and clearing, and just one of the most badass looking AR's I've ever seen. Plus Sig is one of the best gun makers on the market... The $1600 price tag on it is what will probably keep me from going with that one though.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    A new guitar... and a much needed boost to my savings account.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Claimed zero deductions throughout the year!

Had nearly $25,000 in taxes deducted from my wages!

Had my first child!

Will be claiming my wife, myself, my child, and head-of-household!

I'm looking forward to doing my taxes this year!!!! Probably will put the money toward a down payment for a house. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    After I pay off the credit cards from the holidays, I'll be upgrading my work tools. Maybe a nice M4 carbine and a Glock 22.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    nightmaremike31:
    TatuajeVI:
    nightmaremike31:

Very good to know, because I do want to modify my shotgun. I was at Cabela's and they had quite a few Remingtons that came with 2 barrels and 2 grips that peaked my intrerest. I'm also checking out Remingtons website and I'm really liking what I see.
    I agree with Tat on this one. I've been in the market for a SG for some time now. I'm selling 2 to buy 1. That Remington is great for hunting as well and is very easy to modify for whatever you decide you want to use it for. Plus I think it might be a bit cheaper.
    PuroFreak:
    Well I will be saving a good portion of mine for moving costs that will be coming up in early June, but there are two things I'm looking to invest in before then. I'm going to drop around $100 on some cigars, and seriously considering picking up and AR-15. Will probably go with the Colt or the S&W, but I found a Sig SWAT model at the gun show this weekend that was amazing! Compact, folding stock for close quarters entry and clearing, and just one of the most badass looking AR's I've ever seen. Plus Sig is one of the best gun makers on the market... The $1600 price tag on it is what will probably keep me from going with that one though.
    You are going to love your AR when you finally get it. If it is outfitted & new that AR might a steal. I would look into what modifications you want to do to it and compare.
    I will be paying off some bills & putting a good chunk towards my motorcycle. I'm trying to pay that off so I can start saving for a newer car or truck....haven't decided just yet.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    After I pay off the credit cards from the holidays, I'll be upgrading my work tools. Maybe a nice M4 carbine and a Glock 22.
    I've been thinking about getting one of them m4's.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Lets see, my wife says we have to use it to redo the driveway and redo the roof. I just hope I have enough to get an EOTech holographic sight for my Rock River AR-15. A friend of mine just put one on his and my god do they make some nice sights.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    For SG's I prefer the Mossberg; better ergonomics in my opinion, especially if you're a lefty. If the Sig is the 556, there is currently a $300 rebate available.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will make my house payment and hopefully not lose it while I am laid off.
  • i think i will be spending around 350 on cigars, paying so credit off and putting some down on a house. don't need any guns i have enough already, or that's what my wife says.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I have not gotten money back in years - this mule-lips me :)
  • KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    I'm going to buy Cuba.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    VACATION!!! I have a friend in Texas that says she "needs some Evan time because it's been too long..."

I also have to go up to New York to visit my new nephews.

I think it will be money well spent - refering to the friend in Texas :-), and I need the time off...
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Lots of gun nuts in here....sry I meant ENTHUSIASTS>>>LOL
  • haywood5150haywood5150 Posts: 35
    I'm Gonna buy tickets and a hotel for the Big Smoke in November. That should be a great time.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i'm going next friday to buy an engagement ring... and most likely a couple boxes of cigars...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    martymcg43:
    i'm going next friday to buy an engagement ring... and most likely a couple boxes of cigars...
    Congrats on the cigars!........ The engagement ring...... meh. LOL!

Just kidding......... Congrats on both.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    You are going to love your AR when you finally get it. If it is outfitted & new that AR might a steal. I would look into what modifications you want to do to it and compare.
    OK guys... I know who to come to when I start looking for my AR-15. ::takes down names and numbers:: :)