Home General Discussion

Cheap Guilty Pleasures

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's yours when it comes to cigars? 
Being new to all this, I'm trying to get taste for what I like. At this point I feel spending a lot on something good one would kinda a waste of money...So I'm trying as many different cheaper cigars as I can without breaking the bank and wasting a good cigar till I get the feel of things.
So I hoping you guys have something you go to for less than $5 a stick.    

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what Eric said,
    Torano and Leccia are inexpensive good smokes.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H.Upmann Fumas 
    Ramon Bueso Genesis 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the Daily Deal also as you can usually pick up a variety of good smokes at a reasonable price without having to buy a box

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    H.Upmann Fumas 
    Ramon Bueso Genesis 
    I actual have some of the Genesis, Toro on the way :)
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    La Palina Classic
    CAO La Traviata

Put the Classic on my radar.

Put your gifts in a special place till I can truly appreciate them. :)   
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CLE Cuarenta needs to be on your list.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliva G
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Oliva G, Asylum Schizto are decent smokes on the cheaper side. 
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
     I'm hoping you guys have something you go to for less than $5 a stick.    

You might try seconds from makers you're curious about, to start.  Or, lower priced blends from well known makers, for example, the Curly Heads from Fuente come in different wrappers, so a 5-pack of each can give you an idea of different tastes, and I think 5 are less that $15 if I'm not mistaken.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ccom has a lot of great samplers where you can get some decent cigars at a good price point.  This also gives you a chance to try different blends.

One of the reps here, Andy, is very helpful, give him a yell and tell him what you want to spend and what you are looking for.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i can get a fantastic cigar for 5.50 or a good cigar fpr 4.50 im going 5.50 every time. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    If i can get a fantastic cigar for 5.50 or a good cigar fpr 4.50 im going 5.50 every time. 
    Baller...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Usaf06 said:
    I've gotten some great deals on some fantastic cigars, so they are available at reasonable prices.
    And your idea of fantastic versus another's may not be the same.
    While one person may consider Opus or Padron fantastic, another might consider something lesser to be fantastic.

Some budget cigars are great, by some standards. 
    My go to is the Torano 1916. And can be gotten for $4 each, if a person watches the deals. To me, it's a fantastic cigar. 
    But then again, I guess I have no taste. So there is that.

Beer, wine, whiskey, steak, seafood. 
    Great is subject to tastes. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And budget
    A little dirt never hurt
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Wait...but you like me....oh, i get it...
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you need to know what you like. If you don’t like it it’s not a deal. I have about 6 cigars I enjoy in that $5 price point. But I also tend to get tired of them, I’ll smoke one from time to time. They just never seem to be my go to cigars anymore. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Usaf06 said:
    I've gotten some great deals on some fantastic cigars, so they are available at reasonable prices.
    And your idea of fantastic versus another's may not be the same.
    While one person may consider Opus or Padron fantastic, another might consider something lesser to be fantastic.

Some budget cigars are great, by some standards. 
    My go to is the Torano 1916. And can be gotten for $4 each, if a person watches the deals. To me, it's a fantastic cigar. 

Beer, wine, whiskey, steak, seafood. 
    Great is subject to tastes. 
    Are you arguing my point for the sake of arguing? I know everyones tastes are different Tony. I also know that a lot of cigars can be had for deals. I never said anything about opus or padron. I personally rather smoke black label then both of those. My point was if you can find a great stick at 5.50 why go to 4.50 fpr a good stick. If your idea of a great stick is a 4 dollar Torano then thats great for you. I bet most peoples opinions on Torano would differ
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Not arguing your point. 
    Just stating that people's views on what's good are often quite different.
    That things that cost more don't necessarily mean they are better.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Flor de Ybor City is a great budge stick put out by Arturo Fuente Jr. A very close runner-up for an Opus IMHO. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple Fritters
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on how many 'agrees' you have there, that is something many can relate to.  I know I can. 

The same goes for buying samplers; everybody says "buy samplers, it'll help figure out what you like" so I bought tons of samplers.  But then once I started knowing what I liked, at least half the cigars in most of the samplers were sticks I didn't like.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Cigar-20073735Cigar-20073735 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ramon Bueso Genesis habano
    Oliva serie g 
    I find both to be delish!
    Echambers said:
    0patience said:

Wait...but you like me....oh, i get it...
    Naw buddy. I have great taste in friends.
    But I sometimes question their taste in friends. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: