Home General Discussion

Mountain Dew w/ Vodka.....

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I know this probably belongs in the non-cigar related thread, but I had to top post his one here for maximum viewing.

Nate (Lasabar) posted in the "what did you drink today?" thread, that he had a Diet Mountain Dew w/ vodka and I thought that sounded awesome. So, in true white trash fashion, I poured one tonight to wash down my day-old cold pizza. Let me tell you, awesome pairing, if I do say so myself!

It tastes better than most expensive Lemoncellos! You've got to try it!

Thanks for the idea, Nate!
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    i enjoy vodka and diet pepsi myself. nothing weird about this.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you guys in on a secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone...

At my very first adult Christmas party, many decades ago, we ran out of most mixers and booze. So inventive sort that I am, I drank a scotch and grape soda! That was all that was left and I can tell you, the after effect was not pretty.

I have not had the courage to touch scotch since!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    dennisking:
    i enjoy vodka and diet pepsi myself. nothing weird about this.
    I hate vodka and hate diet pepsi, but wow does that sound good right now.
    sounds kinda like honey and mustard for me. i hate honey and hate mustard
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    If you wanna try a fantastic drink have the Sierra mist splash of cranberry in diet with some vodka ...... its awesome ..... or for you hardcore guys how about my favorite to mix for thight people ... prune juice and vodka ... i call it a pyle driver
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mountain Dew with Vodka actually sounds pretty dang good. Would have never thought of trying that combo. Might have to try this sometime. We are finally starting to try wines and found some we like.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I know this probably belongs in the non-cigar related thread, but I had to top post his one here for maximum viewing.

Nate (Lasabar) posted in the "what did you drink today?" thread, that he had a Diet Mountain Dew w/ vodka and I thought that sounded awesome. So, in true white trash fashion, I poured one tonight to wash down my day-old cold pizza. Let me tell you, awesome pairing, if I do say so myself!

I am enjoying said combo right now!!! I have no idea how I came to do this... but Mountain Dew and Alcohol get along real fine!

Captain Morgan and Mountain Dew also taste pretty sweet!!!
    anything and alcohol is pretty sweet
  • haywood5150haywood5150 Posts: 35
    Gotta love my homemade pomegranate liquor. A little fresh pomegranate juice (from the fruit), some triple sec, granadine, and skyy vodka. Yummo.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    lilwing88:

I am enjoying said combo right now!!! I have no idea how I came to do this... but Mountain Dew and Alcohol get along real fine!

Captain Morgan and Mountain Dew also taste pretty sweet!!!
    I drink Capt and Diet Dr Pepper sometimes. But it tastes funky with a lime, so I save the limes for regular Diet Coke. Also, Capt Morgan's Private Stock is damn good just straight on the rocks with a lime.

So many choices.......... so few days off to get s h i t faced.........
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    go get the cheapest bottle of Evan Williams, Green Label...used to be like 8 or 9 bucks. Mix it up with some Dr. Pepper and you have a mighty fine drink. As crappy as the Evan is, the DP takes the harsh egde off of it. Spent many college nights with that floating in my system.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I never enjoyed it, had it though. I tend to drink gin or cognac straight. Though I do enjoy a good vodka on the rocks. I'm not big on mixing.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I never enjoyed it, had it though. I tend to drink gin or cognac straight. Though I do enjoy a good vodka on the rocks. I'm not big on mixing.
    What Vodka do you drink on the rocks? I love Vodka enough to just try this!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    phobicsquirrel:
    What Vodka do you drink on the rocks? I love Vodka enough to just try this!
    I don't know about squirrel, but I like Grey Goose or Kettle One on the rocks with a twist......

Although, I've heard that in taste tests, the top vodka aficianados couldn't taste the difference between top-shelf and the cheap stuff. So I guess any decent vodka would do.....
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    southern comfort, mountain dew, and red bull. when mixed right, tastes like candy. :)
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Some great vodka's to drink on the rocks are Ciroc ..... Belvedere .... Kettle One .... Skull Head .... Stolli Gold ..... Rain (organic) ...... 44North (hard to find) ...... i love goose but feel its a better premium martini vodka .......... just my two cents ...... i know alota people like having some scotch or whiskey with a cigar ... i've been enjoying some super preimium tequila .... maintly Corzo Anejo ...... absolutley great
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belvedere is our top vodka. For a sunday afternoon pairing, I like Belvedere or Kettel One in bloody marys. You can adjust the spice to suit your cigar.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    txjayhawk:
    go get the cheapest bottle of Evan Williams, Green Label...used to be like 8 or 9 bucks. Mix it up with some Dr. Pepper and you have a mighty fine drink. As crappy as the Evan is, the DP takes the harsh egde off of it. Spent many college nights with that floating in my system.
    I use to love Evan Williams, until the night in college where I drank an entire fifth in three guzzles, in less than 15 minutes. That was a night of many firsts. First time I ever threw up because of drinking, first time I ever blacked out, first time I ever had a hang over, first time I ever punched my best friend, first time I ever ran naked in the street, and the last time I've ever had bourbon. Kind of sad that only one last came out of that...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ever hear of "dew-dew"

Dewars and Mountain Dew

have fun with that one.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I like the Sierra Mist Cranberry with Orange Juice and sometimes a shot of Raspberry Schnapps.

I put so much horseradish in my Bloody Mary's that it really doesn't matter what vodka I use.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Gotta throw one of my faves in here...bourbon and Squirt.

I prefer to use Jim Beam but think that any bourbon would work.
    rdnstn:
    Gotta throw one of my faves in here...bourbon and Squirt.

I prefer to use Jim Beam but think that any bourbon would work.
    I like Seagram's 7 and Squirt...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    txjayhawk:

Evan Williams Green Label is the cheapest of the line. If you want a good sour mash bourbon, go for the Evan Williams Black Label. It's 86 proof where the green label is only 80. And the Black Label is aged longer than the green label is.

My personal preference is the Black Label on the tocks. Its flavor is as good or better than Jack Daniels and it's about half the price of Jack. Also, Jack Daniels is only 80 proof, just like the green label Evan Williams.

It's a no-brainer in the world of sour mash.

Marty

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Vodka-try Tito's. It's made in Austin, TX.

Bourbon-I like Jim Beam Black for "everyday".....Basil Hayden or Bookers are excellent.