Home Ratings & Reviews

Shipping

Why does it take a week to get your cigars when you pay for next day air?

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Because the world is an imperfect place.

That being said, you should get at least a partial refund of your shipping fees

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if they shiiped out the next day, then your complaint is with the shippers.
    If the order didn't ship for a few days, then maybe you have a valid point, but did you CALL and ask them?

I call or email my orders and never had any issues.

Then again, I never put too much faith in "next day" shipping, as it rarely ever happens.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on where they're coming from and where you live. Norfolk Southern Railroad (who handles a large majority of the east coast's mail) had a major derailment 2 days ago which backed up everything for a few days. Poop happens...just makes you enjoy those cigars even more once they get there. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Why would you post this under a column called "Ratings & Reviews"?  

When I was a kid, Mesolithic era I think it was, we were told: 

"When you're pointing your finger at someone else, notice that three of your fingers are pointing back at yourself."
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Cigar-20085595Cigar-20085595 Posts: 2
    First off if you're NOT Cigar.Com CS then please DO NOT post a reply, I could care less what anyone has to say other than the Company that I do business with, nothing personal but I could care less about your opinion.

That being said, it appears that I'm not the only person with this SAME ISSUE.

Ordered a product, product is NOT shipped as ordered.

I did call and spoke to customer service, the gentleman on the other end John was very polite, but in the end DID NOTHING that made any difference.

I placed an order over $300 and needed the order ASAP, I made the selection for special shipping, and paid the total for (3 Day Shipping)

A week later, and I'm without Cigars, and still waiting.

CS ie "John" first told me that it was UPS fault as they didn't mark it as 3 day but as ground, then when I asked for a refund on shipping said, oh well it looks like we didn't charge you at all for the shipping...so clearly Cigar.Com is the one that didn't get something right.

Personally I don't care whom made the mistake, it doesn't change the outcome, if I did pay shipping in my opinion simply refunding that is NOT ENOUGH!

When a Company makes an error, not only should they correct it, they owe it to a customer to make it right, and there are many ways to do so such as offering a discount on the next purchase, offering free express shipping on the next order, but at least something, having a CS Agent say geee I'm sorry FALLS SHORT of TRUE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

So this (Shipping Review) is a HEED to Customers, and Potential Customers, DON'T expect just because you order Express Shipping that you'll receive it, and also DON'T expect that you will get anything other than a LATER DELIVERY, and an "We're Sorry" if you call CS about the problem.

Cigar.Com has GREAT PRICES, however this review is NOT about Prices, it's about Shipping & Customer Service, personally I rather pay a little more and get what I ordered ON TIME when I need it, and paying a little more to a Cigar Company that takes responsibility for " it's mistakes"!

As I was taking time out of my busy day writing this review UPS drove up with my order, sure enough the Shipping Manifest says "GROUND" even though the CS Agent John confirmed that I ordered EXPRESS SHIPPING!

Disappointed is being without a Cigar!

The future of my business with Cigar.Com depends solely upon the response I receive from them on this review, as the call I made to Customer Service yielded nothing more than a complete WASTE OF MY TIME, as is the time it took to write this review!

After all time is money, I own several companies, and personally take responsibility for ANY mistake no matter if it is an employee of mine, or a vendor.

I hope that this review may assist other customers in making a decision on how to select their shipping method, and on how/when to order from Cigar.Com so that they don't RUN OUT of cigars like I did days ago.

I also hope that this review doesn't end up like the shipping and somehow LOST, but since I wasted this much time, maybe a Copy/Paste to the entire Cigar World on the internet would be prudent......(?) we'll see........

Smoke em IF you got em!
  • Cigar-20085595Cigar-20085595 Posts: 2
    STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR VENDORS PEOPLE!
    IF "YOUR" VENDOR "CAN'T" FULFILL IT'S OBLIGATIONS THEN FIND ONE THAT (((((CAN)))))!

IT'S ULTIMATELY THE COMPANY THAT NEEDS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    You're reviewing the company and it's service. Okeydokey. Despite  that you think you are posting directly to the company, you are not. You are in a public forum that is sponsored by said company. We don't care if you don't care what we have to say. You put it out here for all to see. Ya' get what ya' get as far as our opinions. We will have fun here at your expense. Take it personal if you want. That just makes it funner for us. :) 

"FUNNER" ?
    STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR VENDORS PEOPLE! I
    IF "YOUR" VENDOR "CAN'T" FULFILL IT'S OBLIGATIONS THEN FIND ONE THAT (((((CAN)))))!

IT'S ULTIMATELY THE COMPANY THAT NEEDS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!
    Do you keep so little stock of cigars that you are waiting for a shipment to smoke?
    You said you had to wait to have a cigar. I find that odd.
    I agree that if you paid for express, which you said they didn't charge you for shipping, then you definitely have a complaint. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling or emailing one of the sales reps might get some action.  Posting on the public forum, not so much.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off if you're NOT Cigar.Com CS then please DO NOT post a reply, I could care less what anyone has to say other than the Company that I do business with, nothing personal but I could care less about your opinion.
    GFY...Yawn.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    GFY...Yawn.

BTW, @cigar-20085595, the correct phrase goes “I COULDNT care less”. Obviously if you COULD care less you’d be doing it and not whining all over our forum. 

So, take a hike and stop boring us.......
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great.  I gotta save the link to that video, it'll definitely come in handy down the road.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    This thread is still getting funner though. Isn't it? When I fired off my reply I hadn't even read the whole six hundred word essay that the guy wrote. I was too quick with my smart azz reply to even read it but now that I have it's even better. Did ya notice his "Time is money" "I own four companies" claim? This new guy is fun. I hope he comes back. 
    I'm still stuck on the fact that this dopey doesn't keep enough cigars that he runs out before an order shows up. 
    Owning several companies, he can evidently afford to keep some on hand. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

0patience said:
    I'm still stuck on the fact that this dopey doesn't keep enough cigars that he runs out before an order shows up. 

Me too but,..... Hmm. Maybe he's a "just-in-time" inventory kind of guy with his four companies. You know,... the method of inventory where you put all the responsibility on the vendors and transporters to keep your product flowing. So,..maybe also the dude has that strategy with his personal stuff too. Never have to worry about your humidor's humidity if you're ALWAYS smoking ROTT. Souns like a genious move now huh?
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally I thought this guy was just bit ching but this is actually a review that will reach a kazillion people, well played
    A little dirt never hurt
    Bob_Luken said:

0patience said:

Me too but,..... Hmm. Maybe he's a "just-in-time" inventory kind of guy with his four companies. You know,... the method of inventory where you put all the responsibility on the vendors and transporters to keep your product flowing. So,..maybe also the dude has that strategy with his personal stuff too. Never have to worry about your humidor's humidity if you're ALWAYS smoking ROTT. Souns like a genious move now huh?
    Oh yeah, I know those types of companies.
    they never keep anything in their inventory and have to order everything in.

I deal with those type of companies all the time.
    He seems to be one of those folks who is never at fault. It's always someone else's fault.

"I got free shipping, but they screwed it up, cause I wanted express shipping."

We're really sorry you ran out of your favored White Owls, but I'm sure the corner drug store has them.

Besides, shipping is kind of one of those areas that even paying FedEx for overnight is a gamble. And honestly, since the guy didn't pay for shipping, then there is nothing to reimburse.

And it's amazing how much more customer service will do for you when you aren't a total **** to them. I've had stuff I ordered from various places take a little longer and call up and ask them to check on it and had places next day replacements.
    If the person really runs businesses like they said, then they would know that going off on customer service really doesn't do you any good. At best, they will meet their obligation to you and nothing more. If you are nice and understanding, they might just go the extra mile.

Sorry, no sympathy.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was sorely tempted by that ^, congrats, good blend.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love them, as long as they haven’t changed the Blend. Had one Rott, and was good!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, "first off" you were not addressing Cigar.Com CS, you were addressing the members of this forum, of which I am one.  

If you don't want our opinions, don't ask for them, which is what you did.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living in beautiful downtown North Carolina, it take three days with standard shipping.  When I lived in Ithaca, I got spoiled.  If I ordered before 2 PM, I got the cigars by 10 AM the following morning.

It seems that the cigars went directly from PA to the next big UPS north hub which was in Syracuse.  They would leave Syracuse about 5 AM and I would get them by 10 AM.

I will trade the three day shipping time against being tail deep in snow 5 months out of the year any time.  Like has been suggested here, I just keep plenty of cigars in stock while I wait.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I though it was the OP posting a update that he just got his order today........ :)

I get my orders from Pa next day.....As long as UPS carries it the whole way.
    Now if they pass it off to the USPO.....Add a day or two.
    Perfect example, placed an order here at CC on Sat...UPS had the order to my post office Mon early afternoon.....I got my box late Wen.