Home Non Cigar Related

Happy Friday The 13th

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
What could possibly go wrong? I mean they even made a (Or twenty) movie about it.
So far so good on my end.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had to mention it. I was very happy thinking it was thursday.......
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my new cat got bit on the face by a venomous copperhead snake...so maybe there’s something going on with this Friday the 13th $hit...
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made it safely through the day here. No deaths, mud slides, freak tornados/hurricanes, and no Jason Vorhees.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hops plants arrived today. 6 plants from three different varieties. I’m excited to plant them and see how they do.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wylaff , Under good conditions hops can be somewhat invasive, so don't plant them in the middle of your vegetable patch (speaking from experience, :) .
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    My hops plants arrived today. 6 plants from three different varieties. I’m excited to plant them and see how they do.
    When I first read that I thought it said "My hot pants arrived today" .......I was hoping there were no pictures to follow......
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    Wylaff said:
    When I first read that I thought it said "My hot pants arrived today" .......I was hoping there were no pictures to follow......

Not me. Careful what you wish for.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In much the same way as I’ve found that some weeks have three or four Mondays in a row, I’ve also found that sometimes Friday the 13th will fall on a Thursday, a Saturday, or whatever.....   :#
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    In much the same way as I’ve found that some weeks have three or four Mondays in a row, I’ve also found that sometimes Friday the 13th will fall on a Thursday, a Saturday, or whatever.....   :#
    Don’t forget the 31st for Yak
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    jlmarta said:
    Yeah, for some reason, dyslexics seem to be easily overlooked. For years I’ve jokingly accused my child bride of being a verbal dyslexic. 

She’ll make some perfectly normal statement but inadvertently substitute a word that’s totally out of place like “We’re having bacon and pumpkins for breakfast” and when you question her about it her standard answer is “Well, you know what I meant”. Like I’m supposed to read minds......

I think it’s just that her mind works so fast she’s probably thinking three or four sentences ahead of what she’s saying. Just a guess on my part, obviously.....
    TX98Z28 said:
    Well my new cat got bit on the face by a venomous copperhead snake...so maybe there’s something going on with this Friday the 13th $hit...
    How's the cat??

The only way that would be a good story is if it was a black cat walking under a ladder while that happened.
    jlmarta said:
    deadman said:
    jlmarta said:
    Yeah, for some reason, dyslexics seem to be easily overlooked. For years I’ve jokingly accused my child bride of being a verbal dyslexic. 

She’ll make some perfectly normal statement but inadvertently substitute a word that’s totally out of place like “We’re having bacon and pumpkins for breakfast” and when you question her about it her standard answer is “Well, you know what I meant”. Like I’m supposed to read minds......

I think it’s just that her mind works so fast she’s probably thinking three or four sentences ahead of what she’s saying. Just a guess on my part, obviously.....
    I do that too on purpose just to mess with people.

I'm the only person on the face of the earth that can follow what my wife is talking about when she gets all worked up......I swear she's talking in tongue sometimes. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    deadman said:
    jlmarta said:

I think this is all women 
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    How's the cat??

The only way that would be a good story is if it was a black cat walking under a ladder while that happened.
    He’s a lot better today, got lucky only one fang got him, his whole side of his head face was very swollen yesterday. Just seen you’re quote...for some reason CCOM has quit sending me email notifications when I’m quoted or mentioned in a thread...
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    @Wylaff , Under good conditions hops can be somewhat invasive, so don't plant them in the middle of your vegetable patch (speaking from experience, :) .
    I can't get anything to grow in this yard, so I'm kinda hoping they do :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll edge out the goatheads.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Hopefully. If not I may have to pave the damned yard and call it done.