Home Non Cigar Related

where does it all come from?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have you ever walked into your house or garage and thought "Where does all this crap come from?"
And then think about how nice it would be to get a dumpster and just start filling it up and getting rid of everything?

I get so tired of tripping over crap in the garage and no matter how much I throw away, it seems to just multiply. 

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you. I got to have a yard sale soon. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me about it brother, I just moved all that crap. When I moved to AZ 11 years ago, my moving van was a Mini Cooper and it had golf clubs and a bicycle in the back.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    35+  years ago, I traveled with a duffle bag. Life was so much simpler then. Even when I got married, everything I owned fit in my pickup, including my rollaway and top box for work. 
    Now, I have no idea what all this stuff is. 

And then there is the storage filled full of crap I don't even know what is in there, but I pay $95/month for it.
    Hell, I don't even know where the key is to it. I keep threatening to load all the stuff in storage in my truck and haul it to the dump.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful unloading that tool box from your pickup truck, Tony.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This is about one of the laws of living."The stuff you have expands to fill the space you have". 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the ability to throw stuff away that I lack, perfectly good scrap metal, old chairs with broken seats that need re-caning, a crossbow I'll never use unless the zombie apocalypse happens.... 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you, I was the same way. When I rented my first house everything fit into a 6' pick up bed and it didn't come up above the bed rails......Fast forward 35 years and I had to build a 40'x40' shop just to hold just my stuff.
    I get comfort from a lot of my things I've gathered over the years...They bring back memories.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love dumpsters. Years ago the wife took the kids to see her sister for the weekend and I ordered one. Filled the 15 yard container with all the crap from the garage and basement and away it went. Wife came home all upset about  me throwing out things she wanted. Asked her what was missing. End of story. It was a great weekend.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
     This thread is so us. We scaled down to a 1500 sq ft house as we knew it would just be the two of us. The empty room is FULL of stuff. Spare BR the closet and dresser is full
    My cliff dwelling (loft) is also pretty full. But that is my workbench, spare parts and tools and ammo storage. Wife still has books and i dont know what else, but i wont allow anymore up there.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a minimalist.
    TOWMBO is a clutterist.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t stand clutter and we have a lot of it!! I’m constantly trying to get rid of stuff but the wife always has a reason to hold onto stuff. Sometimes I go through boxes that have been moved from apartment to apartment and house to house and just throw stuff out that I know my wife has forgot about. I would love to just get a dumpster and throw stuff out. I usually just pile it up and donate it to a local thrift store. 
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the biggest problem is the emotional attachment we he have with inanimate objects 
    makes it hard to rid of. 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dad said 'we were going to get rid of some stuff but decided to do what my Mom did, let the kids sort it out.'
    A little dirt never hurt