Home Non Cigar Related

Any Hot Rod/Fast Car Enthusiasts Here?

63Pro63Pro Posts: 38 ✭✭

Finished this car in 2006. 482" Big Block with roller cam and valve train, Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, JE Pistons 11:1cr, Carrillo Rods, steel crank, Chassisworks front clip, Competition Tubo 400 trans with reverse shift valve body, Dana 60 rear with 4:11 gears, Mark Williams axles, 20 gallon fuel cell in the trunk and full cage. Haven't taken it to the track and never will. I have too much fun cruising and going to car shows. My Drag Racing days are over. I know how fast things can go wrong at high speeds and I have nothing to prove. 
No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!

Comments

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But still....I would just have to see what it'll do in the 1/4.  :)

What kinda numbers the motor pulling?

The II is my favorite body style, simple and clean 
  • 63Pro63Pro Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Haaahaaa, yeah I hear ya ;)
    562hp@6200
    480 pounds feet of torque
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    My dad drag raced a 63 Chevy 2 back in the late 60’s. I have several friends and my brother in law have beautiful cars like yours. 

I watch Velocity regularly and go to Good Guys & Barrett Jackson. If I had a sick over the top budget for a custom I would have Kindig do it. He does good work

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day there was this yellow 1969 Z28 Camaro  

But that was a long time ago
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63Pro said:
    Wow Amos! That is awesome! What a beautiful car! I love the blue! Your son is an amazing person! Words cannot express my gratitude for his service and his sacrifice! I mean this with the upmost respect and honor!

I've been trying to remember the motor he built for that car.  Something called a "Twisted Wedge", I think.  I believe he said it Dyno'd at 450hp at the crank.

He's about to finish another '65 Mustang, a cream colored convertible with an inline 6.  He's had a lot of problems with the 6.  It's ridiculously heavy, cast iron, and it won't fit any dyno he can find.  He's putting 3 single barrel carbs on it as we speak, and will have to settle for rear wheel dyno numbers.  I think he's expecting about 300 - 350 hp.  

Obviously customs, not restorations.  He puts all disc brakes, power steering, etc.  Modern upgrade to make them drivable.  Well, when we went cruising through Ybor City a couple years ago I noticed in the turns a pull in turns, and asked if he'd done Positrac rear end.  

"Of course!"

I'm somewhat relieved, though, that he doesn't really think of these as "go fast".  He saves that for the GTR.  (I think that's right, 2017 really fast Mustang.)  He's always been a Mustang "Nut".  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I should add, he'd be pretty impressed by that Chevy, too.  I know I am.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Those Rat Rods are AWESOME!
    63Pro said:
    Wow Amos! That is awesome! What a beautiful car! I love the blue! Your son is an amazing person! Words cannot express my gratitude for his service and his sacrifice! I mean this with the upmost respect and honor!

I've been trying to remember the motor he built for that car.  Something called a "Twisted Wedge", I think.  I believe he said it Dyno'd at 450hp at the crank.

He's about to finish another '65 Mustang, a cream colored convertible with an inline 6.  He's had a lot of problems with the 6.  It's ridiculously heavy, cast iron, and it won't fit any dyno he can find.  He's putting 3 single barrel carbs on it as we speak, and will have to settle for rear wheel dyno numbers.  I think he's expecting about 300 - 350 hp.  

Obviously customs, not restorations.  He puts all disc brakes, power steering, etc.  Modern upgrade to make them drivable.  Well, when we went cruising through Ybor City a couple years ago I noticed in the turns a pull in turns, and asked if he'd done Positrac rear end.  

"Of course!"

I'm somewhat relieved, though, that he doesn't really think of these as "go fast".  He saves that for the GTR.  (I think that's right, 2017 really fast Mustang.)  He's always been a Mustang "Nut".  
    He has a GTR? Boy he doesnt mess around! My brother loves Mustangs too! He builds Supercharger kits for them.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_maps&hsimp=yhs-pty_maps&hspart=pty&p=kennebell#id=1&vid=191fccc0998338f4b37a769b39509386&action=click
    Mike, the guy who is show casing his Mustang is my neighbor and works for my brother Jim Bell.
    Not a Rod, not fast but it is custom.

Be heading out WV end of this month to play in the rocks.
    edited May 2018
    Is that your repair kit in the back? :D Nice cage! I take it you are handy with a
    torch :)
    63Pro said:
    Is that your repair kit in the back? :D Nice cage! I take it you are handy with a
    torch :)
    Only hand tools and small items like tire kit, fuses and belts go back there.....Now the bed of my tow rigs has all the spare drive/axle shafts, u-joints, tire, starter, alt, etc.
    Plus someone always has a welder back camp for the fun type breaks.
    Cage was bent all by hand with a bender by yours truly......Matter of fact, besides the trans last year when I cracked it in two....I did everything to it.

ForMud,
    I saw the oxygen tank on the passenger side and thought maybe acetylene on the other side. Congrats bro, nice work!   That thing is a MONSTER!
    63Pro said:
    63Pro said:

"Of course!"

He has a GTR? Boy he doesnt mess around! My brother loves Mustangs too! He builds Supercharger kits for them.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_maps&hsimp=yhs-pty_maps&hspart=pty&p=kennebell#id=1&vid=191fccc0998338f4b37a769b39509386&action=click
    Mike, the guy who is show casing his Mustang is my neighbor and works for my brother Jim Bell.

I talked with my son, his motor is a bored out 5 liter, 347ci with Twisted Wedge heads.  He also said he'd used the Bell supercharger on one of the Mustangs he'd built previously, had nothing but praise for the supercharger, and the company.  Said they were great folks to work with.  Thought you'd want to know.

Thank you Amos! I'll pass it on. More than likely, your son has spoken with Mike because he runs the Tech-Line there at KB.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really that much into cars, but my late brother was.  He probably was the only guy in the world that had an engine with two four barrel carbs and ram induction in a family station wagon.  He left a lot of startled teenagers in his dust at red lights!