Home Non Cigar Related

Allergies, sinuses and ear infections.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
One thing leads to another and it seems like every spring I go through this. I have good allergy prescriptions, but the pharmacy had to order them and it took 2 weeks, so here I am with an ear infection and blocked up allergies. 
Why the hell can't a pharmacy stock something they know you refill every damn month?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard if you take a spoon full of local honey everyday, you build up your immunity though out the year instead of getting hit full force in the spring.
    It has to be local honey so the pollen is from the plants around you.  
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hot sauce and freezer vodka, a shot and a teaspoon mixed.(my answer for everything) >:) Oh, I also keep a vodka glass in the freezer.
    There are a few prescriptions I have to have everyday, they come by mail. So far (after a hiccup in the beginning) it has worked very well.
    There are 2 prescriptions I take on an irregular basis but need (like you). I have my doctor write on the form "fill as written", no generics. It has caused a serious problem in the past. They filled one with a generic and I was ready to commit mayhem at the drop of a hat. That won't happen again. Anyway, if they have been out they have it over night and call me when it can be picked up. Considering everything the automatic mail delivery and Fred's have performed very well.
    I really like the local honey idea, everything I have read supports it.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Hot sauce and freezer vodka, a shot and a teaspoon mixed.(my answer for everything) >:) Oh, I also keep a vodka glass in the freezer.
    There are a few prescriptions I have to have everyday, they come by mail. So far (after a hiccup in the beginning) it has worked very well.
    There are 2 prescriptions I take on an irregular basis but need (like you). I have my doctor write on the form "fill as written", no generics. It has caused a serious problem in the past. They filled one with a generic and I was ready to commit mayhem at the drop of a hat. That won't happen again. Anyway, if they have been out they have it over night and call me when it can be picked up. Considering everything the automatic mail delivery and Fred's have performed very well.
    I really like the local honey idea, everything I have read supports it.
    There is truth to the hot sauce, I gurgle Tabasco when feeling a sore throat coming usually knocks it out, I would imagine the vodka would really knock it out!! Interesting about the generics prescriptions I’ve had problems with those and A LOT are being counterfeited or poor grade...straight from the pharmacy.

The local honey to build immunity doesn’t work for me mainly because it only works for the pollen the bees get from flowering plants, the tree pollen is what kills me. Got to love Nasonex nose spray but make things taste weird for me really effects my palate when smoking a cigar, I hate allergies!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    I've heard if you take a spoon full of local honey everyday, you build up your immunity though out the year instead of getting hit full force in the spring.
    It has to be local honey so the pollen is from the plants around you.  
    I get local honey from a local bee keeper here. 
    Tree pollen here is the worst.
    Alder, spruce and Vine Maple are terrible. My truck right now is yellow with pollen.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The yellow clouds of death
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Doctor prescribed a steroid spray for water in my right ear that was hurting my hearing in that ear.  It's helped a little, but my diabetes rate has gone sky high and I still can't hit an outside fastball!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    York County, PA had the highest pollen count in the country the last couple days.  It's bad.  My blue car is green.  My head hurts all the time.  Today's a little better, but it's back up tomorrow.  

Used to live in Memphis; most people who transplant there have allergy problems.  It was bad there in the spring, but it's worse here right now.  And whatever is different up here hits me worse every year.  I never had as much allergy problem in the South.  
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • HYLAUSAHYLAUSA Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Check out our HYLA Air Purifier, perfect not only for allergy season but for all year long. Keep your air clean and fresh by the push of a button!  
    www.hyla-us.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGH5cioWemw