Home Cigar 101

Tony Borhani

I have a sealed box of "Bahra Madura" dated 1993. It seems there's 20 of these in the box as follows: "20 Torpedos No2". Are these valuable, worth much?

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... need more information. Do you know how they were stored all these years? If not, then they aren't worth much.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    How do they smoke?

If they're Bahia Maduro, then they go for about $2.50 each, a budget cigar.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing on google about them 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Nothing on google about them 
    Bahra (Syriac: ܒܗܪܐ) is a political weekly newspaper issued by the Assyrian Democratic Movement.[1] The paper is printed in Baghdad and comes out in Arabic and Syriac languages. It was first published on 26 June 1982

And they apparently make cigars too.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread title is Tony Borhani, so his name is probably on the box but what about that spelling? Bahia Maduro is sold in bundles, (not even sure if that is relevant at this point). Well,... that was a waste of time. 

I will not waste any more time on this unless I see pics. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If memory serves, always debatable, Borhani's Bahia cigars were a large part of the cigar boom in the early 90's, and were considered top of the line premiums at that time.  Then he got arrogant and pissed off somebody at Cigar Aficianado, I think, and never got a decent rating after that.  Today they are mostly considered so-so bundled cigars.  I've had some that were pretty good, to my plebian palate.

To the OP, as has been mentioned history and pictures are decidedly a must if you want any credible answers to your question.  For all we know your Grandma put them in the attic after Grandpa passed, and they've spent 25 years alternating between 36 and 120 degrees Fahrenheit and 40 to 99% humidity levels.  Could just be a box of old tobacco dust.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain