Home Non Cigar Related

People make no sense.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Our docks here are taken over by sea lions. 
Now, killer whales are making their way up the Columbia River and picking off the sea lions.
And people are up in arms about the killer whales eating the sea lions. 
I don't understand these people. 
Let nature take it's course.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whales gotta eat
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idiots. Watch a nature channel or google food chain. So many people get bent out of shape about things they know nothing about.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Half the people are worried the killer whales will eat the salmon and the other half are worried that they will eat the sea lions and their kids might see it.
    Their kids should see it. It's what nature does. 
    Oh, I forgot. It might traumatize the children and we can't have that.
    @Puff_Dougie they might just try and do that. I can actually envision some of these dopeys here trying to feed an orca kelp and telling it that eating meat is bad.

I told one person that they should all jump in their kayaks and chase the orcas out of the river and let me know how well that works.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the whales don't understand fat intake related to cholesterol levels.  Just talk to them about their triglycerides, I'm sure they'll visit the local farmers market for some kale.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is nature's way and it's all part of the food chain.  I'm just glad we are on top of the food chain.  That is, until you try to take a selfie next to an injured bear!
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My NYC-raised employee won't eat any meat, unless it is packaged in styrofoam. I once offered her some fresh-picked beans but she didn't want them because they were growing in dirt. 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest problem is people think animals are driven by emotion like humans are...They don't it's pure instinct that drives them.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Dirt grown veggies, Oh NO! what are you a peasant or something. All of our veggies are grown on clean linoleum at the back of the grocery store. Aisle 13 if the store manager is to be believed...

My first thought when reading  the OP was thinking how hard it would be to hook up and rig a sea lion, and use him for bait to catch an Orca
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's much easier to make a sea lion silhouette out of a boogie board. Like those guys on shark week.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sasquatch said:

My first thought when reading  the OP was thinking how hard it would be to hook up and rig a sea lion, and use him for bait to catch an Orca

I'm seeing a whole new generation of special purpose tow-trucks here!  What an opportunity!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind...

Even though I'm the one who is completely normal, there are some intelligent and rational people who think I'm the one who is nuts. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    One thing to keep in mind...

Even though I'm the one who is completely normal, there are some intelligent and rational people who think I'm the one who is nuts. 
     :D  And your point is........   ??
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuke the whales
    Save a sea lion
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for shave the whales
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: