Home Non Cigar Related

It's not always about the sale

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, today I called a client to schedule an annual review of her investment accounts. While we were talking she told me that her husband is going in next month for a kidney transplant. About a year ago, we were discussing their need for additional life insurance and he applied for a policy. It was declined due to unusually high levels of creatinine in the labs, which can indicate kidney issues. He is a young, healthy guy and was surprised, but agreed to follow up with his doctor. Turns out he had a pretty serious issue, which would have gone undetected for a long time if he hadn't applied for the policy and been rejected. Didn't get the sale, but probably saved a young father's life. Think I'll have a cigar.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, today I called a client to schedule an annual review of her investment accounts. While we were talking she told me that her husband is going in next month for a kidney transplant. About a year ago, we were discussing their need for additional life insurance and he applied for a policy. It was declined due to unusually high levels of creatinine in the labs, which can indicate kidney issues. He is a young, healthy guy and was surprised, but agreed to follow up with his doctor. Turns out he had a pretty serious issue, which would have gone undetected for a long time if he hadn't applied for the policy and been rejected. Didn't get the sale, but probably saved a young father's life. Think I'll have a cigar.
    Think you deserve a cigar

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people owe their lives to random physicals. 
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Good story. Good news.

But what male still wears denim shorts?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Good story. Good news.

Wearing some now 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Rhamlin said:
    Martel said:
    Good story. Good news.

Wearing some now 

Guys don't wear denim shorts anymore?  Like, cut-offs?  

I guess this whole "Romper" thing is really catching on.  

Hmm,  think I'll remain an anachronism.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some denim shorts that I haven't worn in a few years since my son jort shamed me, 'nobody wears that **** anymore'.  How would I know?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I found a pair. In the bottom of my dresser while switching out some cold weather clothes for summer stuff. I can't even tell you when I wore them.  It certainly hasn't been in this state (3 years) but I don't even remember wearing them in MS or TN.  Why haven't donated these things after 8 years of not wearing them, I don't know.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.