Home Non Cigar Related

buying used stuff sucks as much as selling.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why do people put an ad somewhere to sell something and say in their ad to message them or text them when the dipsticks won't answer their texts or messages? WTF?
Been looking for a decent tonneau cover for my SS. 
New are about a grand.
So, I went looking on the Fakebook groups and craigslist.
Found 2 I liked and price was decent.
So I send one a text and message the other.
That was last week. Still no reply and ad is still up.

Then today, I get a message that one sold yesterday.
And me being the patient, tolerant person I am, I had to piss them off and tell them it would have been sold last week if they'd have replied to their messages and it was probably too crappy for me anyways.

Yep, I'm an a$$hole.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Yep, I'm an a$$hole.
    Yeah, but you're OUR a$$hole, Tony.

<3 
    Thanks buddy,
    I do appreciate that.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I do not use FB or Craigslist. And I just removed eBay from my PC for the very same reason. Listings out of date, sent wrong item, sent inferior item and much more. Seems to be a lot of pure scams on eBay of late. And eBay is no help at all. The last item, I did not get, and eBay removed the item from my page, and they refused to refund. They have made it almost impossible to contact the seller.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the olden time before all this www inter web .net thing...You had to talk to people face to face if you wanted to buy or sell something. Now a days it's to easy for scammers, cheats and lairs to get away with things types of things.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all remember swap & shop programs on the radio? 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    We had every Saturday at 10:00 am where you could call and tell what you were selling and all that. It ran for an hour. Everyone tuned in to see what people had to sell, trade or wanted to buy. 
    Guns included. LOL! 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    Back in the olden time before all this www inter web .net thing...You had to talk to people face to face if you wanted to buy or sell something. Now a days it's to easy for scammers, cheats and lairs to get away with things types of things.
    Naw, there has always been scammers and cheats, easiest to pull off against a greedy mark, I imagine.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I remember looking though the "The Swapper" every week.....Like Joe Dirt down in the hole looking for a Hemi.