Home General Discussion

Cigarfest 2010

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Anyone ever gone to a Cigarfest? I'm thinking about getting a couple tickets and going with friends, but was wondering what it was like.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sounds interesting... I would like to go to a big cigar show.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to go but it is half way across the country. People are complaining that the ticket prices have gone up and the hotel is price gouging. I might have to sit this one out and see if things are better later in the year.
  • casmangcasmang Posts: 31
    I've heard its pretty cool but I won't be going this year even though I live about 3 hrs away. Be prepared to get a boatload of sticks, good and bad :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    Anyone ever gone to a Cigarfest? I'm thinking about getting a couple tickets and going with friends, but was wondering what it was like.

hmmm... pick me up on the way?

i may have to try and go.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    sounds interesting... I would like to go to a big cigar show.
    I know the feeling, I'm going to the big smoke in Nov, I can't wait. I will let everyone know what I think when I get back...and if it was worth the money.

"Long ashes my friends."

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word of advice to guys who want to go. Get up at 5AM and buy your tickets when they go on sale. I was told it will sell out in minutes. I am hoping I can swing the Big Smoke in Vegas this year.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    bacon.jay:

hmmm... pick me up on the way?

i may have to try and go.

Roadtrip!! I was just wondering because I got a promotional email from another online dealer that has tickets for sale for $100-125 and that's a better price than someone else I was talking to about it had mentioned.

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    jsnake:
    Word of advice to guys who want to go. Get up at 5AM and buy your tickets when they go on sale. I was told it will sell out in minutes. I am hoping I can swing the Big Smoke in Vegas this year.
    We need to get everyone together at the big smoke and smoke a few. I'll be going with Krieg and 2 others.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about it as it is only about 3 hours from me and as much as I would love to join you guys at the Big Smoke, that's kind of out of the question this year.

Is the event held at the store or at a hotel? Someone mentioned hotel gouging, are there lodging options or do you need to stay at the site? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I'm thinking about it as it is only about 3 hours from me and as much as I would love to join you guys at the Big Smoke, that's kind of out of the question this year.

Is the event held at the store or at a hotel? Someone mentioned hotel gouging, are there lodging options or do you need to stay at the site? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

It's being held at the Venetian, but you don't have to stay there. In fact, you can stay anywhere you want actually. You usually have two options for tickets, one costing $240, which gets you one Big Smoke evening and (i think) one day of seminars. The next upgrade is the $550, which is one big smoke evening and both days of seminars. I believe we're gonna do both days. Hopefully you can make it out there, but if not, maybe next time.

"Long ashes my friends."

Kreig, I was actually talking about the Cigar Fest, but that is great info on the Big Smoke. For a national event, those prices are not out of line at all. Thanks for the info. I do hope to get out there some year.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I will likely be going as it is only an hour and a half away from me!!!

My smoking buddy and I will probably be headed up. Maybe one other guy if we can get him to commit. If any of you other BOTLs will be going let me know so we can meet up. As of right now I'm fairly certain we will be headed up with the VIH tickets (as least I hope). $25 more bucks for 2 more hours of fun.....why not!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Well, Kuzi and I are in the northern ohio area and I'm seriously thinking about getting a ticket and going. I'm not sure if Kuzi's serious about going, but if he is, that'd make two of us, and whoever else from his neck of the woods as well.

@Kuzi: I would be happy to drive, but my car and the police probably wouldn't be. I've had some taillight and turn-signal issues for about the last few months that I can't figure out how to fix. A short somewhere probably, but I wouldn't be comfortable driving it all the way to PA. We'd have to figure something out, so let me know. You've got my number.

Looks like I have two local buddies going with me now. Should be fun!!
    If we can get tickets, my son and I will be going. February 8th is a day that I normally teach, so I am up at 5 AM anyway. I'll give it my best effort to snag two.

After 2/8, once the ticket issue is settled, we should take stock of who is going and set a time and place to meet up. It would be really great to meet some of you guys!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Wish I could swing it. Have to pay for school and being unemployed doesn't help. Everyone who goes, smoke one for me, though I don't think that will be a problem.
  • IF they are selling 3000 tickets make sure to get the early entry or the brunch pass otherwise you will spend all day standing in line. Definitley worth the extra money to get in early.

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I should be there helping out AJ Fernandez with Man O War or Diesel, wherever he assigns me.
    If my son and I can indeed get tickets, it will be great getting to meet you. I haven't done a MOW yet, but the Diesel special you had here was great. That was the first cigar that I smoked as soon as they were delivered. I usually have a little more will power and let them rest a bit.
  • Alex Svenson:
    I should be there helping out AJ Fernandez with Man O War or Diesel, wherever he assigns me.
    I'm very jealous alex. Do y'all offer tours and such of the ccom facility? That would be AWESOME. (if I'm ever up that way, you know.)
  • anyone know what time the line starts forming at the super store?  i plan on going i just need a rough idea of when i should head down!
    So I have been trying to call for 50 minutes now and the site is down......fun fun. All I want to do is buy tickets and go back to bed!!!!
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    got up at 445 on my day off... cant get through. called about 40 times busy each time. websites down. and even when i got it to load around 510 it wouldnt add the tix to the cart. quite upset
    I had the same issue. When it did go through my cart was empty. I never thought it would be so hard to get rid of nearly $400....
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    :(

tried calling and store phone lines dont open till 0800. Hope there are tickets left :(

• badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    SOLD OUT ????????? I am peeved
  • I had the same problem with the website. It would add the shirts to the cart but not the tickets. I did finally get through on the phone and got 3 VIH tickets and 3 shirts.

See you guys at the show.
    I had the same problems as you all did. Cart wouldn't take the tickets, only the shirt. When I did get through on the phone, the tickets were gone!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I'm pissed. Woke up at 4:45am to get three tickets. Was going to take my father and father in law for their birthdays. They have some explaining to do. It would be one thing if they sold out before I signed on, but I was on in plenty of time. They need to come up with a better way to sell tickets.
    Yup....I got nothing either. I woke up at 4:45.....tried like crazy to get the website to work until it finally crashed. And I called a few times every minute for nearly 2 hours. Around 6:45 I finally got through only to hear a message that they were sold out.

They really need a better system. And it looks like next year I may just be driving up to their store to stand in line.