Home General Discussion

Biggest Cigar You've Had

I'd heading down to Miami in a few weeks for a golf trip. After 2-3 sticks on the course, we go to a nice dinner and then every night we end up sitting in pool area and smoke cigars for a few hours. I normally bring out a couple traditional size sticks, but I was at my B&M yesterday and decided to pick up a Punch Presidente which is 8.5 x 52. I figured this is good for about 2.5 hours. I know there are some big boys out there, so what's the biggest cigar you've had?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Fuente Hemingway Masterpiece at 9x52.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    j0z3r:

That sounds like heaven
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    fla-gypsy:

What the hell is that?!?
    I thought my Flor de Oliva 1066 was huge!

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    fla-gypsy:

What the hell is that?!?

Valdez Emporador.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Thats not a knife! This is a knife!

But seriously, thats a freaking cane.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it won't top the Valdez Empirador but I've timed one of those Gurkha Black Dragons I got during that screw-up with a competing seller of cigars at 2 hours and 40 minutes. Just churchills, but slow burning and good tasting.

Marty

• Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    That Valdez Empirador takes the cake....I don't think I would want any cigars for a week after smoking that! Biggest I have had is the Opus X A 9.2 x 47 - about 1.25 hours Monticristo Habano A 23cmX1.9cm +/- - about 1 hour and this big Sol Cubano had to be about 9" or so - forgot how long it took me I smoked em all to the bone!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Biggest one for me was probably CAO "The Sopranos" Edition in the "Boss" size (7x56). That Empirador looks like you need a license to smoke it.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    jlmarta:
    Well, it won't top the Valdez Empirador but I've timed one of those Gurkha Black Dragons I got during that screw-up with a competing seller of cigars at 2 hours and 40 minutes. Just churchills, but slow burning and good tasting.

Marty

What piece is that in your avatar? Its at a museum in LA. Ive been there. Having trouble recalling the name. They used to let people touch that peice until they realized that the oils on your hands decayed the sculpture then they stopped it. Or the tour person was just BSing.

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Mother of God. That is the first cigar that has scared me. I would hide everytime I saw that thing.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    fla-gypsy:
    So did this bad boy come with a tri-pod to hold the end as you smoke it?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    When I read this last post, this is what I saw... hehe Reminds me of our first date!

My wife:
    So does this bad boy come with a tri-pod to hold the end as you smoke it?
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Tip of the cap to you sir; well played Puro! Hilarious!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    ... That's the biggest Smoke I have ever had too. Couldn't finish it since I was getting a little green from over indulgence.
    Fourtotheflush:
    jlmarta:

Marty

What piece is that in your avatar? Its at a museum in LA. Ive been there. Having trouble recalling the name. They used to let people touch that peice until they realized that the oils on your hands decayed the sculpture then they stopped it. Or the tour person was just BSing.

It's a replica casting of Bacchus, the Roman god of wine and revelry. To me, revelry means good times and it seems to me that a good cigar falls into that category. This casting hangs on my patio and I simply stuck a stogie into his mouth and took the photo. I think the avatar represents my outlook quite well.

Thanks for asking.

Marty

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    My largest so far is the Reposado '96. They only come in Solomon 7.1x58. When I first started smoking it I didn't think I would finish. Surprisingly I smoked every last bit and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Years ago, in Jamaica I had a huge cigar, but no idea what it was called
    My biggest sticks of recent memory have been the Rocky Patel Special Series "A" size cigars

and the longest smoking cigars @ 2+ hours would have to be a special size Gurkha box that are fantastic

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    My largest so far is the Reposado '96. They only come in Solomon 7.1x58. When I first started smoking it I didn't think I would finish. Surprisingly I smoked every last bit and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Thats good to hear. I got a couple of those.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    KCW:
    clearlysuspect:
    KCW if you don't like them send them my way. Did a spilt on here with Suspect & 2 others. I really enjoy them, so much so that I have been sharing them with everyone. The one's I got are half gone. I will keep the rest for myself to smoke.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Fourtotheflush:
    jlmarta:

Marty

It's a replica casting of Bacchus, the Roman god of wine and revelry. To me, revelry means good times and it seems to me that a good cigar falls into that category. This casting hangs on my patio and I simply stuck a stogie into his mouth and took the photo. I think the avatar represents my outlook quite well.

Thanks for asking.

Marty

I just want to chime in of this and say that is an astounding casting good sir, my I inquire how much it cost?
    I honestly don't recall what it cost but I'm sure it wasn't a very expensive item. If memory serves me correctly, I bought it through a catalog called Toscano's. I also bought a slightly smaller casting of Michelangelo's "Green Man" which also hangs on my patio.

Marty

Here's a link to a slightly different version: http://www.designtoscano.com/product/code/OS6120L.do#

Marty

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome!! Thank you very much good sir, I find myself trying to collect things of an artistic nature these days and one of these would be great!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    KCW:
    clearlysuspect:
    KCW if you don't like them send them my way. Did a spilt on here with Suspect & 2 others. I really enjoy them, so much so that I have been sharing them with everyone. The one's I got are half gone. I will keep the rest for myself to smoke.
    Yeah, mine are about halfway gone too. As soon as I can get the wifey off my back about cigar spending, can we say Reposado '96 Maduro box split!!!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I haven't smoked anything bigger than a Slamon, but I picked up a Tatuaje Reserva A Uno for my buddy for his birthday yesterday and it comes in at a massive 9.25" x 47ga. That's a damn big smoke!!!
  • havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    For my 18th birthday I got a joke cigar--a 16 inch bomb with a label that said "Welcome to the Ozarks". It was awful, but memorable.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    fla-gypsy:
    stephen_hannibal:
    fla-gypsy:

What the hell is that?!?

Valdez Emporador.
    That's just RIDICULOUS! Call in Cheech and Chong for that Stick!
  • casmangcasmang Posts: 31
    Biggest in Ring size was a Nat Sherman 5x66 ... talk about TMJ!
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Regarding huge ring size a friend gave me the sopranos set which included two champagne bottle shaped cigars from CAO that were 86 ring gage. Actually they smoked pretty good too, even burn all the way to the bone. image