Home General Discussion
Options

Rat tails and closed feet...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm for 'em.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I like to try anything that deviates from the normal parejo. What about the inverse open/shaggy foot?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to try anything that deviates from the normal parejo. What about the inverse open/shaggy foot?
    You can make that yourself with a good knife. It allows you to really know how much flavor you’re getting from the wrapper. I’ve done it a couple times. 
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    You can make that yourself with a good knife. It allows you to really know how much flavor you’re getting from the wrapper. I’ve done it a couple times. 
    I'll have to try it on a cigar I'm more familiar with. I hate to do it to something that I don't have multiples of and I've only recently started buying that way. I remember Patrick saying he's done it with a guillotine cutter and light pressure to just get through the wrapper and binder
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Viaje Summerfest
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    Love the Viaje Summerfest
    I had one of those that was nearly 3 years old earlier this summer in Poudre Canyon with Pops, it was fan-friggin-tastic!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I understand the closed foot thing, and getting a chance to taste just the wrapper.  But every time I try to light one a flaming part flies off and burns a hole in my shorts. 

I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking. I used to like a closed foot cigar because they're so easy to light and give you a great taste of the wrapper with the first puffs, but the falling burning leaves aren't great for clothes and herf dogs.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

Strangely enough, I like a shaggy foot. I like the opportunity to taste just the filler. Once the wrapper starts up, I feel like i get a better tate of that as well.
    Most of the taste is wrapper anyway. I want the subtle complexities in the filler to show.