Home General Discussion

Rat tails and closed feet...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm for 'em.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I like to try anything that deviates from the normal parejo. What about the inverse open/shaggy foot?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to try anything that deviates from the normal parejo. What about the inverse open/shaggy foot?
    You can make that yourself with a good knife. It allows you to really know how much flavor you’re getting from the wrapper. I’ve done it a couple times. 
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    You can make that yourself with a good knife. It allows you to really know how much flavor you’re getting from the wrapper. I’ve done it a couple times. 
    I'll have to try it on a cigar I'm more familiar with. I hate to do it to something that I don't have multiples of and I've only recently started buying that way. I remember Patrick saying he's done it with a guillotine cutter and light pressure to just get through the wrapper and binder
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Viaje Summerfest
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    Love the Viaje Summerfest
    I had one of those that was nearly 3 years old earlier this summer in Poudre Canyon with Pops, it was fan-friggin-tastic!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I understand the closed foot thing, and getting a chance to taste just the wrapper.  But every time I try to light one a flaming part flies off and burns a hole in my shorts. 

I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking. I used to like a closed foot cigar because they're so easy to light and give you a great taste of the wrapper with the first puffs, but the falling burning leaves aren't great for clothes and herf dogs.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

Strangely enough, I like a shaggy foot. I like the opportunity to taste just the filler. Once the wrapper starts up, I feel like i get a better tate of that as well.
    Most of the taste is wrapper anyway. I want the subtle complexities in the filler to show.