Home General Discussion

Morphine

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
Black Label Morphine-18 just came out for pre-order over on Cigar Federation. Should ship on 8/2.

Comments

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    YankeeMan said:
    I'm doing a presentation tomorrow on the Opioid Epidemic, you scared the hell out of me!
    When you do that presentation,  Make sure you bring up the fact that the DEA has made it so freaking hard to obtain suboxone  That they are just adding to the troubles. 
     Getting the pills is so easy becoming sick is so easy yet getting the cure remains so elusive for people who are sick, It's just a joke.  The selling point for that drug is it does not cause euphoria...... Yet police officers all across the nation will arrest you for impaired driving while your taking it.  The FDAs own black Box warning says it does not cause euphoria or impair driving, but you WILL be arrested.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995
    The FDA has just made Narcan available in pharmacies around the country WITHOUT a prescription for anyone who has a prescription for opiates. Now people can take more, and get even higher because they have the cure for an overdose on hand....without going to the ER! 

...YET they still have these restrictions on suboxone

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn’t this thread intended to be about a cigar?
    edited August 2018
    It got high jacked.
     Here in Colorado you can just walk in to the pharmacy and  Purchase narcan.
     And while it is great for reversing an overdose it doesn't do anything to help you stay clean.
    I carry one around in my truck with me wherever I go, and it cost me 250 bucks for a single dose.  I had an occasion to use it in a Family Dollar store a few months ago.
    It is something of a miracle drug. When you see some overdosing girl all gorked out on the floor not breathing,  And you spray that stuff in her nose, They wake up and start swearing to God and Sonny Jesus that they didn't take any heroin.
    It can save lives and it does.
    But in order to stay clean you need suboxone..... That's stuff prevents you from being able to get high on narcotics. Because it contains 2mg of narcan.  People who really want to change their lives need this drug.
    Not only does it prevent you from getting high, But it also prevents withdrawal symptoms.
    Anyone who's ever gone through withdrawals knows how horrible it is.
    Yet the DEA makes it so hard to get that most people just give up.
    It's also dreadfully expensive.  $15 for a strip, And most people are perscribed 2 A-day.
     Rocky Mountain medicaid will only pay for it if you are in their program.  They will cut off payments from other doctors and refuse to pay for the prescription unless you join their program.
    It's kind of a no win scenario can you say Kobayashi maru?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have tried 6 times to post on this. PM me if interested in mexican suboxone success story. Google, are you watching.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn’t this thread intended to be about a cigar?
    Agreed, however this is a relevant subject that in one way or another touches the lives of very nearly everyone in our society.  Perhaps a new NCR thread?  I'm interested in hearing what @YankeeMan is planning to present.  Would you be willing to start an Opioid epidemic thread in the NCR section?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
     But isn't there a risk of getting addicted to suboxone?
    I'm starting to see some work with cannabis based rehabs as a alternative to a opiate based rehab ( Which suboxone is )   

edited August 2018
    Well you're already addicted to opiates so what's the difference?
    Yes suboxone is addicting,   But it does not cause euphoria and it prevents you from being able to get high on opiates.
    The idea is you replaced the opiates with suboxone  And then you go to therapy to get your life in order while reducing the suboxone.
     It's all about stress and triggers and learning to cope.
     But sooner or later you have to stop taking this as well but it's usually medically supervised.
     There is also a risk of becoming physically dependent which is different than addicted.
     Medical supervision is the key. As well as therapy and educating yourself.

This definitely needs its own thread.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, @Yankeeman probably hasn't had a chance to get back to it, I'll do it, see NCR opioid epidemic.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can help but wonder which of the pharmaceutical companies will be profiting off suboxone? I would hate to see the same one make even more profit off the cure to a problem they make a profit on now.    
    edited August 2018
    @Amos_Umwhat

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/899477/opioid-epidemic#latest

Made a new thread for this in the non cigar related section.
    My last post about this subject in this thread reads as follows.

1st they create the problem and make billions, then they make a partial cure, and make more millions.

Something just smells fishy.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is the Robusto or Corona the better vitola?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona fo sho!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we all just get high and get along... I mean smoke cigars 😆
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna get me a box of the lanceros. I’m psyched to give them a try. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I'm doing a presentation tomorrow on the Opioid Epidemic, you scared the hell out of me!
    When you do that presentation,  Make sure you bring up the fact that the DEA has made it so freaking hard to obtain suboxone  That they are just adding to the troubles. 
     Getting the pills is so easy becoming sick is so easy yet getting the cure remains so elusive for people who are sick, It's just a joke.  The selling point for that drug is it does not cause euphoria...... Yet police officers all across the nation will arrest you for impaired driving while your taking it.  The FDAs own black Box warning says it does not cause euphoria or impair driving, but you WILL be arrested.
    We have a great Sheriff here.  When an addicted prisoner is released, if it is appropriate, they give them the Suboxone.  It helps them get on the path to sobriety and hopefully time to get into rehab.

Ironically, Narcan, which we used many moons ago to protect our K-9,s, was about $4 per dose.  Now that if administered early enough, it can reverse an overdose, it is $40 a dose,  Go figure.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Famous just posted Morphine up. Rcigar17 gets 17% off
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for a fiver.  PM me.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I'm in for a fiver.  PM me.
    they only do boxes Yak
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter