Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

3rd Annual Fantasy Hockey League

CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's time to start thinking about hockey again. Anyone interested in playing fantasy hockey this year? @jgibv doesn't have time to run this so I'm going to give it a try this year. I'll just be taking over our current league so the scoring adjustments he made last year, for the better, will still be in effect. Head to head weekly format will be the same. Five premium cigars for the buy in. 
Please get signed up if you are interested so we can get a draft time figured out asap.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In
    A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a hokey fan but I’ve never done a fantasy league. I’ll play if someone will show me the ropes and that you guys take it easy on me. 🤓
    It's pretty fun. I had never done it until two years ago. Just like football, we get points based on performance. A player on your roster can get points for goals and assists with added value when they're on the power play. Also fractions of points are accumulated or deducted for plus/minus, hits, face offs won and lost etc. And goalies get points for wins, saves and shutouts.

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I’m in
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as everyone else would like me to be in this because I don't know much about hockey, I don't know much about hockey. Good luck to everyone. 
    @skydiverD you could get a team full of those $hitty Blackhawks 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pity the Blue’s fans who use them in the league... 🤣
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    As much as everyone else would like me to be in this because I don't know much about hockey, I don't know much about hockey. Good luck to everyone. 
    Ok, I knew you were a sports fan, but couldn't remember if you or John watched hockey.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I knew you were a sports fan, but couldn't remember if you or John watched hockey.
    Yeah I'm a big basketball fan so that ends up with me not watching hockey all that much when I have a choice between the two. 
    I pity the Blue’s fans who use them in the league... 🤣
    Alright what’s this fools addy? I’m tired of his nonsense
    No need for that I’ll give it a rest, my bad. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    @90+_Irishman. It’s to late....  :)
    I think a good punishment is one cigar for every year the Blues have been in the league and haven’t won a Stanley Cup
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    I think a good punishment is one cigar for every year the Blues have been in the league and haven’t won a Stanley Cup
    So you are going to have plenty of cooler space available ?  
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s get it on!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Ok that's six, which is what we had last year. Of course we can add more people so comment if you are interested.
    But now we can start looking at a time and date for the draft. Evening would work best.
    Weekend or during the week?Should I just pick two or three dates and vote?
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A weekend would be better for me but with enough notice I could plan a weekday evening.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% chance I am off any given day, that said, I am probably better off with the auto-pick than doing it myself
    A little dirt never hurt
    A weekend would be better for me but with enough notice I could plan a weekday evening.
    Same here but it's been a weeknight in the past. Usually people tend to have plans on weekends. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlie thanks for taking this over and running it. 

I’ll sit down this weekend and make you are the commish, and ensure the scoring changes/suggestions from last season are activated.

I’m “in” this season if you still have room.  

Thanks

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

For the most part I should be fine any evening of the week for the draft
    We have a nice start so far. 

1. Me
    2. dirtdude
    3. Significant3
    4. bert873
    5. Wylaff
    6. matkn293
    7. jgibv

Let's get at least one more signed up to get to an even number. Or three. Or five. 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skydiverD get on it Jack Wagon!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    bert873 said:
    So, one cigar for every year the Blues have been in the league.
    LOL  Right?  Not sure why he tried to differentiate.....  

That's 51 cupless years, er, I mean 51 ceegars there Bert!

It's a good thing the Blues aren't an original 6 team, or you would have to bomb out 101 cigars.....  :D:D:D 

Not that I'm counting the Blues cupless streak or anything...…. o:)
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Stop adding fuel to the fire interloper, I’m already severely damaged from the lotto, I don’t need anymore beatings. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a nice start so far. 

1. Me
    2. dirtdude
    3. Significant3
    4. bert873
    5. Wylaff
    6. matkn293
    7. jgibv

Let's get at least one more signed up to get to an even number. Or three. Or five. 
    Charlie I can get one more.  I think Kellie wants to play so if you wanna pencil her in I’ll cover her

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *