Home General Discussion
Options

New Cigar.com Video - need your help (yes you!)

timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Hello all.  Hope all of your weeks are going well.  OK, enough small talk, I need your help!

I will be recording a video next week and I wanted to do a question and answer episode.  Here's what I need....  questions from all of you!  So please, any questions you have about cigars, the industry, Cigar.com, Alex, relationships, international finance, Buddism, my beard, early Impressionism, or coaxial cable connectors - post 'em here and I may just answer it on the next Cigar.com Video.

(questions pertaining to the first 4 subjects have a much better chance of being answered correctly.)

I'm headed down to see family in North Carolina, but I will be back on Tuesday of next week!  'Til then...  thank you all in advance. 

Comments

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    timb:

Hello all.  Hope all of your weeks are going well.  OK, enough small talk, I need your help!

I will be recording a video next week and I wanted to do a question and answer episode.  Here's what I need....  questions from all of you!  So please, any questions you have about cigars, the industry, Cigar.com, Alex, relationships, international finance, Buddism, my beard, early Impressionism, or coaxial cable connectors - post 'em here and I may just answer it on the next Cigar.com Video.

(questions pertaining to the first 4 subjects have a much better chance of being answered correctly.)

I'm headed down to see family in North Carolina, but I will be back on Tuesday of next week!  'Til then...  thank you all in advance. 

Hi Tim! Ozzie Here, I have a Question for you to answer. How long is too long to keep a Cigar IN the Humidor and How can you tell when a Cigar is at POeak Performance Taste or does this depend on The Smoker? One thing I have noticed is that Cigars change quite a bit sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad. HELP! LOL Peace Have a Great Time with the Family Ozzie
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim, can you give us a look into the inner workings of Ccom? What is a routine day for you guys? Is it all fun and cigar smoking all day long? Thanks.

Jake
  • Options
    I dig the beard man...can we have a beard growing contest in the future? You can be the judge, and the winning could get a large sampler of you and your beards favorites. Submissions can be a pic of a clean shaven face with a dated newspaper from that day...and we can see whos beard you deem as the best! Ryan
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many cigars will ccom have on hand on a given day?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hi Tim,
    This is a great idea! I would like to know what the Ccom is like, how big it is, and you guys have your own personal humis at work? If so, what's in them?

p.s. Thanks again for the Padron 45's. - Chris

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I know you get asked this a lot, but I'm still not clear. A friend told me that CI was owned by industry giant Altadis? Is this true? Also please explain the relationship between CI and CCOM. More importantly, Why didn't the High School counselors tell us about CCOM jobs on carreer day?
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I would like to see a video tour of the ccom facilities and offices. kind of a behind the scenes and what a typical day is like for you guys.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I've actually got a question for The Beard: I don't grow facial hair very quickly, and the hair that does grow is kind of patchy. How do I get my hair to come in like the 100% ligero leaves of The Beard?
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Tim, a few of questions:

How did you end up working in the cigar industry? Any guidance on how to get your foot in the door?

Any upcoming trends in the cigar world? Example would be tobaccos/vitolas that's catching on with manufacturers and consumers, changing consumer tastes, etc. As a merchant, what flavor profiles/blends have been requested the most?

What does Ccom see for 2010? Any major changes for the company?

Thanks for letting us chime in with questions.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Hey Tim, this is awesome just another reason why Cigar.com is so far ahead of the competition ...my question is a simple one and its never been answered clearly so it would be cool to get a straight forward answer ..... I know that orders from Cigar.com and CI.com ship from the same place, but are they affiliated in anyway shape or form or just use the same distributer? Thanks Jim
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    When I grow up, I want to work at Cigar.Com.

My question is -How many people work at Cigar.Com and what do they all do at Cigar.Com?

Bonus question, what are you putting in the coffee in the morning to make everyone so nice and friendly there? Seriously, you kids are superior in customer service!!
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Tim, can you give us a look into the inner workings of Ccom? What is a routine day for you guys? Is it all fun and cigar smoking all day long? Thanks.

Jake
    seconded. that was exactly what i was gonna ask. also, i think it would be cool for you to pick your favorite Beard sayings from that thread. All hail The Beard.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I understand that 'Vintage' cigars are made with tobacco from crops grown years ago, but are some of those cigars truly 'Aged', or just made with old tobacco? For example, the Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. Is it actually aged another 12 years after it is rolled before it can be purchased, or is it just a combination of 7 year old wrapper with 5 year old filler so the say "aged for 12 years'.

Cliff.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I have the question I can't believe hasn't been asked yet. Tim what's the news on the Forum Blends? When will they be ready for ordering and which wrapper did C.Com decide to go with?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    I have the question I can't believe hasn't been asked yet. Tim what's the news on the Forum Blends? When will they be ready for ordering and which wrapper did C.Com decide to go with?
    you beat me to it laker! i just came on here to post another question and that was it. lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Who sharpens the carbide implements you trim The Beard with, or are they used once and destroyed in the process?
  • Options
    What are some of your favorite meal(proteins,veggies,starches)/drink/cigar pairings?
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    I've actually got a question for The Beard: I don't grow facial hair very quickly, and the hair that does grow is kind of patchy. How do I get my hair to come in like the 100% ligero leaves of The Beard?
    Tat, We are not all blessed with the hirsute of happiness from the beard god's and sorry to break it so bluntly...but the facts are the facts. Instead you can search out and purchase a can of GLH (good looking hair) although it is faking the funk and the beard gods may be disgusted and displeased with you....it looks pretty darn good. Nice thing about GLH is that it has many different color applications...so in essence you could pull off a Robin Williams in "Good Will Hunting" with just the front end chin white within the black full beard or just do it up all black like 300 and buy a box of Man O' War at a special price....contact me for details : ) and run around your next cigar party with style.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    jeffjackson:
    TatuajeVI:
    Tat, We are not all blessed with the hirsute of happiness from the beard god's and sorry to break it so bluntly...but the facts are the facts. Instead you can search out and purchase a can of GLH (good looking hair) although it is faking the funk and the beard gods may be disgusted and displeased with you....it looks pretty darn good. Nice thing about GLH is that it has many different color applications...so in essence you could pull off a Robin Williams in "Good Will Hunting" with just the front end chin white within the black full beard or just do it up all black like 300 and buy a box of Man O' War at a special price....contact me for details : ) and run around your next cigar party with style.
    Ha...classic. Click for further thread derailment

****this post was not meant to offend The Beard.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    jeffjackson:
    TatuajeVI:
    Ha...classic. Click for further thread derailment

****this post was not meant to offend The Beard.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is the stuff and it is on Sale!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    timb:

Hi Tim.. Thanks for this.. I always wondered, if A cigar is not a Cuban but made with Cuban seed tobacco (other than actually being manufactured in Cuba / in Cuban soil) what is the major differences between Cubans and others that are made in basically the same region (Honduras, Nicaragua, etc.)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Tim can you give us any insight in what is coming down the pike in the near future? For instance, I heard about the Diesel, LHCOF, and the AAA here, a while before they actually arrived. It would sure give us cigar loving fools something to talk and drool over for a few weeks/months. Oh, do the straight fuerte ligero hairs of the beard stay totally oscuro their entire life?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    jeffjackson:
    TatuajeVI:
    Well, Jeff, I was hoping The Beard might be able to offer a remedy for me. For instance, buying a box of A.J. Fernandez' strongest ligero leaves and stuffing it inside my pillow. Or grinding the ligero leaves into a powder and begin shaving with it. Or blending up the ends of all my cigars, and mix them with a strong scotch into a smoothie. Something along those lines ought to get me on the right track. The GLH is a solid choice if none of these remedies helps, though.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many BOTLs on this forum with a high degree of knowledge and enthusiasm, who would do well in the industry. Please give some tips or info, on how to get these guys rep jobs. Nothing better in life,than doing what you love.
  • Options
    Here is another question, We see Alex, Tim and even Kim sometimes... how come we never see Jeff in any of the videos?? It seems like he gets left out of everything!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I was wondering if there was any plans on bringing the podcast back? I love the vid's but I cant watch them at work but a podcast I can listen to as I work.
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Can I have a job? I think I would be good in the Quality Assurance department, sampling cigars at random all day to make sure nothing bad goes out with CCOM on it....

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    jsnake:

Jake
    seconded. that was exactly what i was gonna ask. also, i think it would be cool for you to pick your favorite Beard sayings from that thread. All hail The Beard.

Thirded!!
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    fla-gypsy:
    Tim can you give us any insight in what is coming down the pike in the near future? For instance, I heard about the Diesel, LHCOF, and the AAA here, a while before they actually arrived. It would sure give us cigar loving fools something to talk and drool over for a few weeks/months. Oh, do the straight fuerte ligero hairs of the beard stay totally oscuro their entire life?
    Yes, heard rumors of a Cain in Nub format and a Padilla Miami in Nub format? Is this true. Is the future of cigars the Nub format?
    Dustin1981:
    I was wondering if there was any plans on bringing the podcast back? I love the vid's but I cant watch them at work but a podcast I can listen to as I work.
    Second that one. As much as the video is nice, the podcast is more convenient.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    how about this...

can we get a quick 101 on how different nutrients in the soil change flavor, burn, leaf thickness, and color of ash.