Home General Discussion

Guilty

I have a guilty pleasure. I look up the rich and famous and find out what cigar they smoke. I will almost always buy one and try it. Some are obvious  choices but some celebs have intresting favorite picks. Rush limbaugh likes padron, Jack Nicholson likes macaNudo maduros, kid rock smokes only hemingway short stories  . I could give a s#^$ about their politics or movies / music but I do like to see their smoke. do you do this at all? do you have a fav celeb cigar pairing or do you have a favorite cigar that a celeb also enjoys?am I stupid. let me answer that one. P.s. also Ive heard Justin Bieber smokes 5 Vegas Gold? Never tried one of those. anybody?
'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
     kid rock smokes only hemingway short stories  
    There's a short joke in there. LOL!

Justin Bieber smokes 5 Vegas Gold
    I'm sorry @jd50ae. I really am.

I never knew you could look up what a famous person smoked, other than past famous cigar smokers, like Burns, WC Fields and stuff.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a new guy? 
  • GlassjoeGlassjoe Posts: 25
    It means as much as anyone named peters opinion. Not nessisarily actors but artists authors presidents...people you may admire that you dont know personally. Its just a curiosity of mine. It doesnt have to make sense to you but thanks for waisting your time on my post.
    'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It certainly wouldn't influence me at all in knowing what somebody famous smoked, but I might be interested in finding out what they smoked just to lay to rest any curiosity. You know how you can't think of some word to fill in the rest of a sentence or the name of a song and it irks you the rest of the day until you stop everything to find the answer? It's kind of like that, I suppose...if I became interested in a celebrity. And I've never been interested in a celebrity who was still alive at the time, so that's that. Well, there's Megan Fox. Of course, I really shouldn't fixate on what she places in her mouth, to be honest.

:D

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    If I had friends I would try the cigars they smoke but I dont usually make time to get to know people.Gym, work home maybe a cigar, splash of scotch, bed( Megan Fox dream) ,Gym,work.......
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds a little thirsty to me... too busy living our own lives, got no time to try and live someone else's. Just sayin.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it true though?  Can this "fact" be confirmed?  I can't find anything other than cigarettes and 1 Cuban.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Keep digging, don't think that's real.  Also could not find the supporting article.  Plus he's around 12 in that picture so I'm sure, like all of us his tastes have changed if it is real.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peters recommendation for the La Gloria Cubana Colleccion Reserva twas bang on!
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squirrel please be my friend RISE NI RISE HOLY  IT IS TRUE EVEN A BLIND SQUIRREL GETS A NUT ONCE IN AWHILERATAUT HORSE
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could care less what celeb a or b is smoking. Hopefully it’s not one of the ones Iike and driving the price up. 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the movie "The Great Train Robbery" the other day, Sean Connery rolled a cigar between his fingers and thumb while holding it close to his ear to check for freshness........And I wasn't influenced what so ever.

( A Peter checked and approved message )   
    yes I only smoke an drink what tv tells me . Im sorry peter for being a di--. I shouldnt be such a delicate flower . and as for spelling I am sorry for my disrespectful illiterate quickly jotted thumbings. thank you all for keeping me in line. I am still in a  newb probationary period. you may have to bump me into the rail from time to time to remind me that Im an arshoole.
    edited December 2018
    what was Sean Connery smoking by the way?😁
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glassjoe said:
    yes I only smoke an drink what tv tells me . Im sorry peter for being a di--. I shouldnt be such a delicate flower . and as for spelling I am sorry for my disrespectful illiterate quickly jotted thumbings. thank you all for keeping me in line. I am still in a  newb probationary period. you may have to bump me into the rail from time to time to remind me that Im an arshoole.
    No one said you were an "arshoole".
    But honestly, if you aren't ready for some bantering, then I don't know what to tell you. If you are ready and ready to get into the group, welcome.

If you give me an opening, I will take the shot. It's the type of person I am.
    Ask anyone here, I'm a d i c k and not a very nice guy at all.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glassjoe said:
    You forgot you’re short...and may have inadvertently caused global warming! Welcome aboard!!!
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I hear "com by ya" off in the distance?