Home General Discussion

Would you use this?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I stumbled across this product and thought it was neat but not something I might use. Thought I would ask if any of y'all think you'd use this. 
https://youtu.be/nxy3iOOcxss?t=10

Comments

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottle near empty, cigar has a long ash = Ash on yo face!

Some guys may like that, but I say no. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar idea for whiskey glass. 

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself would not, but I barely put my cigar down when lit to begin with.  I really only use the rest when I go in to get a refill or hit the head.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My arms aren't hairy enough.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw, I don't want a cold, sweating bottle of beer near my cigar.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen them before and the rocks glasses that holds a cigar. Wouldn’t use them. 
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have arthritis, so holding anything for extended periods is just a no-go.
    I like it, would always try out something like that. I always use my trays.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad gadget, but I'm rather partial to my buddy @Sketch6995's stogie stands. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Would not use this one either. Is it part of the cool crowds thing?

I sometimes carry a "roach" clip for use when I happen on to a cigar that will be smoked to the finger burning point. But that has only happened a handful of times.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Was there ever a delete button associated with the edit button?
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a coffee cup with a built in rest, but never use it. Can't see myself ever using that either
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafted from the finest baling wire
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

My wife brought one of these home from a girls trip.  I put a cigar on it and asked her to hold it.   She saw how cumbersome it is and took it to Goodwill the next day.

:):neutral:
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    84CJ7 said:
    jd50ae said:

My wife brought one of these home from a girls trip.  I put a cigar on it and asked her to hold it.   She saw how cumbersome it is and took it to Goodwill the next day.

:):neutral:
    I check out goodwill for old ashtrays. And sometimes I check for good whiskey glasses. (Slim pickings for both these days)
    And if a saw this at goodwill I'm certain I would not even recognize it for what it is unless I had seen it before. 
    donald trump idk GIF
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Buffing your dog" Made me smile at 6:40am on a Monday.

As for the gizmo in question...Good way to loose an eye while drunk.

I almost always put mine down between puffs unless I'm driving or taking a walk. 
    If I hold on to it I tend to smoke it to fast.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now Ricky, that's only funny because it's true.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ricky, with that when you drop your cigar you'd also be dropping your scotch.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )