Home Non Cigar Related

People who go to work sick

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
PI$$ me off!
We have sick leave and these morons insist on coming in sick and just spreading the joy.
So now, I'm home coughing and congested, while trying get over a sinus infection that has plugged the tubes in my ears. 
Which this freaking cold isn't helping at all.

If you are one of those people who go to work with a virus and have sick leave, you are a d!ck!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's me. B)

But, to be fair, I do wash my hands and always wear gloves, cough into my sleeve, never share items (like pens), and I won't get too close to others when I converse with them. I also tell them I am sick. And, I've been sick since three days before Christmas, still sick even now. Started with bad chest cold, full on pneumonia, started to clear up for about 6 hours, then bronchitis. I got it bad. I don't have 30+ days of sick leave time.

Lots of freshly juiced oranges later and a few pounds of goop consolidated into the slime bin, I am felling better but I am not at 100%. Worst part is, I haven't had a single damn cigar the whole time.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    Also, for any who received cigars from me, I had a lovely little lady pack them while I stood around with rubber gloves on watching, and spraying Lysol and wiping down every surface in the house with Clorox wipes. :D
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that I did say, if you have sick leave.
    Some of these a$$holes have mega hours of sick leave racked up and refuse to take it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Not my business 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
    Yeah, man -definitely. I do know of a few people who finger their slime all over the place, coming in all infected with plague and they can't use sick leave because they call off all the time anyway for..."reasons". @0patience I got it, bro. You're exactly right, too. They ought to use those sick days if they have 'em!
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Happens here all the time. We even have a section in our MOU that states you are not to come in to work if you are sick but management chooses not to enforce it. We get 12 days (96hrs) of sick leave a year which is a lot IMO but people don't use it when they are sick
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a cultural problem.  One of the things I learned living in Europe for a few years was that Europeans work to live, Americans live to work.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    PI$$ me off!
    We have sick leave and these morons insist on coming in sick and just spreading the joy.
    So now, I'm home coughing and congested, while trying get over a sinus infection that has plugged the tubes in my ears. 
    Which this freaking cold isn't helping at all.

If you are one of those people who go to work with a virus and have sick leave, you are a d!ck!
    They don't want to use them because it all adds to their pension fund when they retire.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
    Sleddog46 said:
    They don't want to use them because it all adds to their pension fund when they retire.
    Used to. Now, we lose it when we retire.
    They cash out our vacation, but we lose our sick time.
    Which is why it no longer makes sense to have 2000 hours banked for sick leave.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Note that I did say, if you have sick leave.
    Some of these a$$holes have mega hours of sick leave racked up and refuse to take it.

Do they get paid out when they retire ?

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

@0patience Just read the rest of the thread surprised the unions didn’t find to keep the pay out for vested employees. They took it away for all new hires but those who were in the older retirement system kept it because it was in the contract when we were hired.

They have changed our retirement 3 times since I've been there.
    When I was hired, 50% of sick leave would roll into retirement when retiring.
    No longer.
    You could retire at 58 or 30 years, now it is 60 or 30 years.
    I will be 60 in 2023, clock is ticking.

So evidently, they can change things without the union doing anything.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Our retirement has changed as well but I’m in the Tier 1 system so I can go at 55 ( I will have 25 yrs of service). Tier 1 gets sick leave paid out upon retirement at 50%. 

All that being said if I am sick I stay home!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work from home when sick.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've currently got the same crud Tony! Some nasty stuff going around.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    NorCalR1 said:
    @0patience Just read the rest of the thread surprised the unions didn’t find to keep the pay out for vested employees. They took it away for all new hires but those who were in the older retirement system kept it because it was in the contract when we were hired.
    What's a "Union"?

Sorry, being facetious.  You see, I'm in a so-called "Right to Work" state, which means unions are a BIG JOKE.  

For those who may not know, Right to Work in reality translates to:  

The workers have NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER, and the employer can do WHATEVER DAFUK HE WANTS TO at any time.

Rant over.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    NorCalR1 said:
    What's a "Union"?

Sorry, being facetious.  You see, I'm in a so-called "Right to Work" state, which means unions are a BIG JOKE.  

For those who may not know, Right to Work in reality translates to:  

The workers have NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER, and the employer can do WHATEVER DAFUK HE WANTS TO at any time.

Rant over.
    Yeah, AZ is the same. One good thing though I believe you can do contract work worth up to $1000 without a contractor’s license.