Home Non Cigar Related

Glitter. Who invented this stuff?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
One of the downfalls of having 2 grand daughters living with you is something called glitter.
Having boys, I hadn't had to deal with this stuff before.
This stuff gets everywhere. 
In the carpet, all over the couch, it's everywhere. 
Pretty bad when you go to work and one of the guys asks what on your coat and you sigh and say, "glitter". 
And then you have to explain that the grand daughters love glitter.

This stuff is awful, but the girls love it.
I can't win. LOL!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Static electricity makes the devil dust stick to anything. A few years ago I used some glitter on some art I was making. 6 months later I still had it all over my studio and in our house. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet it looks great on cigars!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If grounding works against static electricity is there a practical way of using it to loosen/remove said glitter?

Just wondering.....   :#
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the worst, I love my garage and spend a ton of time in it, however I love the inside of my house more.  All glitter projects made at school stay in the garage, all glitter projects made at home are done so in the garage and stay there.  Some still migrates into the house, but not nearly as bad.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    If grounding works against static electricity is there a practical way of using it to loosen/remove said glitter?

Just wondering.....   :#

Keyence ionizer.  Oh wait, you said practical...

Keyence ionizers remove static. We use them at work, not practical for home 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would a Zerostat gun help? 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cling free spray

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I open all Christmas cards over the trash and inspect for the offending stuff.  If it's there, they don't come out of the envelope and the sender gets put on the naughty list.

VBS at church is the worst.  When I was in grad school, I used to set-up chairs for a large church every Saturday.  Their auditorium doubled as a gym for a preschool during the week, so it was a regular gig setting up 850-900 chairs.  I did a dry mop and wet mopped small spots.  There was glitter there from the first VBS after it was built according to the guy who came before me.  It was stuck in a seam in the flooring.  But it seemed to multiply.  Each week, the spread continued. That stuff has dark magical powers or something.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst case scenario?  

Image result for glitter is the herpes of craft supplies
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided decades ago that I was not good breeding stock, so no kids. Besides, I am allergic to them. 
    Well those things didn't stop the rest of us.  C'mon. ;) 

I keep urging my son to reproduce.  Instead he rotates to a new girlfriend every two years.  Grandkids would be great, as long as I don't end up in one of those situations where you can't send them home at the end of the day.  And, I had 3 sisters, so I'm aware of the persistent evils of glitter.  Herpes indeed!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain