Home General Discussion

Fixing humidity and flavouring problems for cigars.

Hi all!  :)

My name is Noemi, and I’m trying to about how happy cigar smokers are with their regular smoking experience, in terms of humidity and flavouring.  

I’m building a product to create the perfect condition for any cigar wherever you are in less than 10 minutes. But I’m not selling anything, just looking for your advice.

Since you’re all cigar smokers, it’d be incredibly helpful to hear your experiences and ask a few questions. It won’t take more than 20 minutes, and there’s no need to prepare in advance.

Would anybody be happy to have a quick call with me sometime this/next week?

Noemi 

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice outfit......  
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Who are you talking about @Amos_Umwhat ..... Oh I know, little slow today. Only had one cup of coffee.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Bob_Luken said:
    NMB1996 said:

I’m building a product to create the perfect condition for any cigar wherever you are in less than 10 minutes. 

Sounds dumb. Build me instead a butane jet lighter with a flame I can SEE in the daylight.  (Flame must remain odorless and tastless) Build that, ........ not dumb stuff.    
    Something tells me this guy NMB1996 is smoking something other than cigars... especially if he thinks he's going to get a straight answer out of you guys. 

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    NMB1996 said:

I’m building a product to create the perfect condition for any cigar wherever you are in less than 10 minutes. 

Sounds dumb. Build me instead a butane jet lighter with a flame I can SEE in the daylight.  (Flame must remain odorless and tastless) Build that, ........ not dumb stuff.    
    Head on down to the welding shop and get a rosebud tip....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When dat happenz maybe.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030 said:

Oh, I love dimmer switches!!
    Wait. I get it.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you going to get my garage to be 70 degrees in 10 minutes when it is -51 outside?  Also this **** already exists it just costs money, money that would cut into the cigar budget.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • NMB1996NMB1996 Posts: 4
    " Many apologies if some of you feel I've inconvenienced you. Definitely no ill will intended. We're avid cigar smokers trying to learn how to help other fellow smokers, by getting your opinion. Best regards to all."

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, if "we are avid cigar smokers" infers there are more than one of you, and by avid you mean you are enthusiastic and regular smokers, then why would you need input from a bunch of strangers?  Since you all are engaged in 'best practices' regarding cigars, why not go with what you know and make the world a better place?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still super confused on what it is he is trying to create.  Is it a portable pop up tent with humidifier/dehumidifier, and heat/air conditioning options?  What the the hell does he mean by flavor?  The cigar provides that, not the environment, if you don't like the cigar get one that tastes good to you.  I just don't get it, as I stated there are options for structures that will provide heat/air and ventilation.  There are even diy options that are cost effective, but not in "10 minutes".  Tell us what the **** you mean and maybe we won't pick on you, but you provided less than 0 information on what input/advice/help you want from us.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    It's an Inspector Gadget style smoking tent.  Some of our members have already deployed these.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NMB1996 said:
    " Many apologies if some of you feel I've inconvenienced you. Definitely no ill will intended. We're avid cigar smokers trying to learn how to help other fellow smokers, by getting your opinion. Best regards to all."

No one expected you to have a second post. Good for you. And you didn't get upset after we did made fun of your first post. Good on you.

I wouldn't want a 20 minute phone call. But I am curious now about your mystery product, since everyone else is guessing what it could be. Originally I was guessing that it was some small gadget that would do something to the cigar prior to lighting up. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    It's an Inspector Gadget style smoking tent.  Some of our members have already deployed these.

Did you take a 20 minute phone call? Does Noemi have a sexy voice?  
    Naw, just a guess in jest.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question, Noemi, is why a phone call?  Look around.  We ask for, and give opinions freely here, where everyone can see them.  Since you're "not selling anything", what difference would it make?  

Think about it.  Since SO MANY lowlifes are out there trying to scam their way through life over the phone, you can understand why we might not want to be "inconvenienced".  

Or why we might not take your request seriously.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Looks like the responses on this forum have been much tamer than the ones on Cigar Asylu, CigarPass, and Puff Cigar. 

It appears that this inquiry is regarding flavored cigars.

• NMB1996NMB1996 Posts: 4
    Hi all. I have been reading your comments, I understand that you do not want to give me your data, but if I ask you for information it is not to harm anyone or to sell anything. At the time I apologized to all those who may have been uncomfortable with my requests, however, I still put at your disposal if anyone wants to collaborate with our project. Finally let them know that if I ask for an interview in private, either by call or chat, it is not with any other intention; we have just decided it this way, since it is a way to store the information ordered and without losing any data.
    Thank you all very much for your attention.