Home Non Cigar Related

Not a good start today

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Today started out poorly.
My wife's mom passed away this morning.
She had a stroke a while back and had been going downhill since then.

And then, not even 30 minutes later, I found out that a man who was more or less a mentor to me when I was a young kid building engines, passed away this morning. He was a mentor to the local high school drag racing team and has always been a teacher of sorts, to guys building performance engines.
My brother in law and him were close friends and the two of them helped me become a mechanic.

Kind of a tough way to start a day.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Tony.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that. I always try to focus on the positive aspects of the lives of lost loved ones and the memories of all their experiences we shared, helps me a bit to cope. I'm a bit like Yoda from Star Wars when it comes to mortality, so that's the best I can do I'm afraid.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony, so sorry to hear about your losses. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I had a good mentor like that once who passed. I used to call him once a week when he moved to another state. I still find myself wanting to do that, and he has been gone 12 years.  Hang in there.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your losses, Tony.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony,sorry for you and your families loss. 
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony, that's rough, sorry for your loss.  I'll smoke one in honor of your MIL and your mentor tonight.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad for your losses.  There are no words that help, but words are all we have.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your losses, Tony
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony sorry to hear of your losses I hope you find peace in knowing they are in a better place. Thoughts and prayers my friend 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Tony
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping you in my thoughts, Tony.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Tony.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My condolences to you and both families Tony.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rough day indeed.  Condolences to you and yours.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5