Home Non Cigar Related

Practical Jokes

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
I recently saw an article about a guy who took his buddies truck and wired up the horn so every time he stepped on the brake the horn blew. What practical jokes have you pulled. I used to work with a guy many years ago who would go in the fridge at work and go through everybody's lunches. So we decided to get even by taking a nice big cupcake and melting xlax  on it in with the icing and locking the bathroom door,needles to say he never bothered our food again.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Working a desk job is lame.  I have fun by using keyboard shortcuts to flip people's monitors upside down, changing the desktop image to something crude, or sending embarrassing emails from their computer should they leave it unlocked.

In the past, with more downtime we have changed the lock on someone's computer so they had to guess the number brute force (and then we switched it back after they were almost to the right combination, which took a week or so).  We also have pulled and replaced the keyboard keys into the wrong places on a kid's keyboard who we knew had to look to type...  Oh, good times.

The best (worst) one was when a super overachiever was waiting on test results, we printed off the passing candidates from the prior sitting and put it on his desk on results day.  He freaked out when he couldn't find his name, big meltdown and everything.  That was great.  The bad part about it was when we told him it was a prank, he looks up the real results and actually didn't pass.  He wasn't around for much longer after that.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was a kid I worked for my dad sweeping up, sorting parts, and doing other odd jobs at the radio shop. Someone had super glued a nickle or quarter on the floor as a joke, they wanted it back when I kicked it free and pocketed it. Other times people would bring in broken radios to be repaired that were empty except for the lead weight inside. Pretty tame stuff back then.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was in Basic Training there was one fellow who had relatives stationed there at Ft. Knox.  He would sneak out at night and get his uncles to pick him up and go to the E.M. Club and get drunk.  Usually sneak back in around 0230.  

Knowing that we would all suffer if he ever got caught we tried to talk him into quitting this activity.  The conundrum was that if someone were to inform the Drill Sergeants it would come out that this had been known for some time, and then the question would be "why did you wait to inform me?", and once again, we would all suffer. 

So, next time he snuck out, we emptied a few cans of shaving cream way down between the sheets in his bunk, and filled his boots for good measure.  He may have slipped out, but he slid in.  

He seemed unhappy at the time, but the rest of us were OK with that.

Not long after, he was caught in some other nefarious activity which was never revealed to the platoon, but, he did not graduate.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I've heard of blanket parties, but this is the first time I've heard of a shaving cream party.  Nice.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brings back memories..... Live squirrel in the cab of someones truck, a snapping turtle in the bed of another. Found a dead 5' black snake, froze it coiled up like it was going to strike then put it into a locker a couple minutes before he opened it. Hot wiring a metal chair to a electric fence box. "Accidentally" backed into a porta john with foreman in it ( Not hard enough to tip over, but close )........Work was fun back then. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use a 3 1/2" power cable to run 4170 volts to our shovels at work. The previous shift moved a shovel and left about 3000 feet of this cable in disarray. I was down the way and found a 40 foot piece of this type of cable abandoned in the mud so I hooked onto it,  drug it over to the other mess off cable and parked the dozer on it. Called our new boss 'John,  I need some help'. Told him I could put the blade and rippers down to pick the tracks off the ground and he could use my hot gloves to pull the cable out from under me,  good idea he says. He starts pulling,  when he gets to the frayed end of that cable, he looks at the shovel with its lights on, throws the cable on the ground, tossed the gloves on the tracks walked away shaking his head.
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited February 2019
    Sounds like some beefy cable.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I used to shoot flintlocks in competition. The targets were 25 and 50 yards. We set up on tables about 15ft back from the firing line. All shooting was offhand. There were usually 10 shooters on the line and 10 or 20 waiting. The action, pouring powder, setting the patched round ball flush with the muzzle, cutting off the excess patch and ramming the ball home got hot and heavy at times. If you shoot long enough sooner or later you will get mixed up and dry ball. That is forgetting the powder first and ramming the ball without the charge under it. There are a couple of ways to clear the rifle. First is putting a lag bolt looking attachment to your ram rod and twisting it into the lead round ball and pulling the ball. The second way was to work some priming powder into the touch hole and fire the ball out. Sometimes you had to work the powder in two or three times. We always tried to hide the fact that we dry balled from each other. 10 shooters on the line makes a lot of smoke.
    We had a necklace that consisted of chain and a golf ball with a lag bolt though it that was painted blaze orange and called the dry ball award.  If you dry balled and got caught you had to wear the necklace around your neck until you caught somebody else who dry balled then they had to wear it.I got caught had to wear that damn thing through three all day shoots before I caught someone else as he was pulling his ball. 
  • CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We used to pass around a dead rat on the job site lol. It was almost mummified and kind of became a mascot. You’d take the thing and slip it in the nail pouch on a guys tool belt. When they reach in for a handful of nails they’d get the rat instead. At first, guys would get pissed and yell, but as time went on you’d have to stay quiet about it so that your next target wouldn’t suspect that you had the rat. We called him Roger