Home Non Cigar Related

Offensive or not?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Non Cigar Related
Before you look it up, do this.
Look at the bottles. Are they offensive?
Or is it you don't know. and have to be told?

No cop outs! Answer the question YES or NO!

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD everything is offensive to someone.  It doesn't matter what it is, this includes factual statements, someone somewhere will find a reason to be offended.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a cop out. Do you find the bottles offensive?
    Nothing offends me, unless you go after my wife or daughter.  So no JD that does not offend me.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue, but nobody has the right to not be offended.
    We really need to stop catering to society's idiots.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue. But then again I’m never offended. I have a pair, and I’m bordering on toxic masculinity, and that’ll offend some folks.  Maybe I should walk around with one of those bottles in my hand?
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it looks like a bottle of alcohol. Now that's funny...not offensive to me. :D
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    Then why waste time by answering it?
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    This thread is most unfortunate 
    What does that even mean?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are obviously trying to steal the black culture and market it to rich white people. Duh.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Wylaff said:
    They are obviously trying to steal the black culture and market it to rich white people. Duh.
    Now that I've looked up the controversy, I have to say I am a fan of "blackface in a bottle"...

It gets better...

"Kids like to idolize what they see adults do,” Chase said. “If they see their parents drink a 40, they might buy this water to emulate that experience. Who's to say they won't enjoy that experience so much that they try and get the real thing. What does that lead to? Alcoholism."
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you were suggesting the shape of the bottle was phallic 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are y’all seriously saying you don’t recognize a 40 when you see it? 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A botl I follow on instagram, who happens to be black, posted this the other day. I didn't seem like the people who commented were offended. They laughed it off as good marketing and not as cultural appropriation.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A botl I follow on instagram, who happens to be black, posted this the other day. I didn't seem like the people who commented were offended. They laughed it off as good marketing and not as cultural appropriation.
    What am I missing?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:
    What am I missing?
    40s are considered a part of black culture, I guess. That is where this marketing could be considered cultural appropriation by people with nothing better to worry about.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    What am I missing?
    40s are considered a part of black culture, I guess. That is where this marketing could be considered cultural appropriation by people with nothing better to worry about.
    Did not know that.
    Learn something new every day.
    Agree with the fact that they have nothing better to worry about.
    The problem I see in this kind of thing is that most often, the people who are raising hell about something like this are usually white.
    Kind of like people in my area who were raising hell about the school having an indian statue.
    When I ask, they said that Native Americans found it offensive.
    When I asked what Native Americans, they said all of them.
    I told them that my family is native and none of us found it offensive.
    They had no response.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:

The problem I see in this kind of thing is that most often, the people who are raising hell about something like this are usually white.

Bingo. Social justice warriors aka people with nothing better to worry about.
    0patience said:
    0patience said:
    What am I missing?
    Did not know that.
    Learn something new every day.
    Agree with the fact that they have nothing better to worry about.
    Kind of like people in my area who were raising hell about the school having an indian statue.
    When I ask, they said that Native Americans found it offensive.
    When I asked what Native Americans, they said all of them.
    I told them that my family is native and none of us found it offensive.
    They had no response.

At least they did not respond with "you don't count".
    MOW badge received.
    edited March 2019
    Weenies and snowflakes triggered about the most absurd things they can find.
    And they actually look for totally ridiculous things to be triggered.
    Is this planned, keep everyone's mind on the ridiculous while important things are ignored?
    And so many people take big bites and run with it.
    It's like the more asinine it is the more they jump on it.
    Is this what gives them purpose?
    Are they so small and petty they can't see from their eyes deeply buried in their hind-parts anything important? 
    This country is in so much trouble and they are worried about the shape of a bottle?
    What is next, the color of cats?
    I blame the liberal indoctrination centers, use to be called colleges. And you know what? It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
    Prime yourselves for the meltdown on the hill. Congress is getting ready to explode.
    0patience said:

Bingo. Social justice warriors aka people with nothing better to worry about.
    White and liberal.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's funny when someone is triggered by someone else being triggered.
    edited March 2019
    I am not triggered. Far from it.
    I am plain POd at the stupidity of some of the people in this country who have their heads so far up their arse they can't see the truth about anything. They just go on their merry and blind little way with out seeing a single thing, just giggling and laughing because they are blind to the truth.
    Post edited by jd50ae on
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    No I wasn't offended. Then I googled. I had to be informed by "woke" people, as to exactly what was offensive about it. Typical.  

I get it. I'm not that worried about it, but I get it. Think "candy cigarettes". But people gotta put this in perspective, I mean come on folks. Next they'll be bitchy about root beer and cream soda sold in glass bottles that are exactly the same shape and color as beer bottles.