Home Non Cigar Related

gold plated car parts.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, they might as well be.

I broke a sensor on the wife's rear bumper when we were replacing the rear bumper and rear hatch door. It came apart when I removed it.
It's some park assist sensor.

So today I stopped by the Toyota dealer to see about a replacement sensor.
$200!! That's a lot of cigars.
And that is after my discount. 
Are the gold or platinum plating the freakin contacts?

I've replaced literally thousands of sensors, parts, etc in my life and usually when they fall apart when they are removed, they aren't 3 years old.
It may have broke in the impact when she got rear ended, but it was still working until I went to remove it.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you bought her an early anniversary present. Lol
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t the insurance of the person who rear eneded her have to pay for the repair/parts??
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you went a different direction 

Sorry, carry on

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    jlmarta said:
    Shouldn’t the insurance of the person who rear eneded her have to pay for the repair/parts??
    Well, you would think that is the way it should have worked.
    What I should have done, when they started their BS, is get my attorney.
    I didn't and I got screwed.
    So I ended up being able to buy the parts and did the work myself.
    After fighting with them for weeks, I finally told them to go f*** themselves and send me a check.
    USAA is all for their insurers, but screw the person they hit.

Most of it had to do with the rental car.
    They have a set amount of time they allow for the rental car, even if the shop takes weeks to get the car done.
    I told them that was great for a metro area, but not for a rural town 100 miles from nowhere.
    Then they went on about how they pay a set amount for the repair and since I didn't choose one of their shops, they would only pay them the amount they choose.
    When I asked the name of one of their shops, they told me they didn't have any in my area. 
    Well no s h i t sherlock.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Well you went a different direction 

Sorry, carry on

Sorry, but I never got the appeal in that.
    Chrome is so much better. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you might have pimped out the truck 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you were talking about battery terminals.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife's key fob battery got low, she took it to Toyota and they said it would cost $45 to have them replace it. She asked how much a replacement battery would cost and they said they couldn't sell her one. Off to Amazon, $3.00 and 3 minutes for me to install. Toyota....
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    USAA is all for their insurers, but screw the person they hit.

USAA is NOT the company it used to be.  Believe me.  When my wife's car was rear ended a few years back, I told them "My guess is $4,500 to fix it, which is all it's worth.  Just cut us a check and be done."   "Oh no, we can get it done for much less."  It cost them $4,498.15 for repairs, PLUS the rental.  Dumb S h i t s. 

And, that was only after I called and insisted on talking to their boss, then his boss, then her boss, and told them I was going to do a commercial for GEICO stating "After more than 35 years with USAA I finally made a claim.  Apparently they've forgotten what 'Service' means."
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain