Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The I called it, karma contest!

PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
I told a few people about this in Tennessee.  I was originally going to list everyone, and include kind words, but I'm super lazy.  I realized that would take a very long time to type due to all the amazing members here who have been there for me over the years.  I will post a list of everyone I'm automatically entering at some point.  Colleen and I will be welcoming another baby girl into the world in August, and are super excited.  I would like to share my joy with this contest.  Nominate a forum member and explain why you decided to enter them (kind words only please).  This is ment to keep and spread happiness, there is enough crap in the world, of course funny sarcasm is welcome.  Each entry will be assigned a number and put in a random number generator on a vher night to be determined, the chosen one will receive a little something from me.  Thank you all again for putting up with my crap for so many years.  Let the games begin!
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
MOW badge received.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Well.
    You certainly have something really special to keep your mind off the news.
    Congratulations to both of you, much happiness for all of you..
    Best of all possible future happiness for the little robusto.
    Hope he or she grows up to be a mighty toro. (sorry, couldn't help myself)
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nominate Chris @Yakster . He is always welcoming newbies, that deserve to be welcomed, and positively contributes to most threads. And he makes me laugh. Keep it up Yak!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Echambers

As the current lottery commissioner, I appreciate the effort that Eric put in as the previous commissioner towards making this forum great.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nominate @avengethis because he's one of my two favorite culinary experts.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nominate @bert873
    For the same reason Patrick is having this contest. But y’all didn’t hear it from me.....  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Calvin

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Patrick!!
    ill nominate @skydiverD. He’s that friend you keep around so you will always feel smart, good looking, etc. In all seriousness I enjoy the friendship and ability to constantly talk **** and know it’s all in fun
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to you and Colleen @Patrickbrick!!!

I’d like to nominate @84CJ7. Mark was the first to reach out to me, and got me up to speed with a newsletter right away. He was also very generous with his knowledge, and welcoming to my newb questions. He’s always supportive of the new members, and is an asset to this forum. Thank you, Mark!
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
    Congrats Patrick, I'll also nominate @TNBigfoot68, a good friend, herf host, and he makes a mean peanut butter fudge.

I worry that we'll send up corrupting @IndustMech on the night vHerf, but he's such good company.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Quite the circle-jerk you have going here, Patrick.

I nominate @IndustMech.  He's a real mensch.
    That was the idea, keep em coming folks, awesome so far!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to think I’m the bees knees. 
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off congratulations on the great news.  I think this is part of what makes this forum a great place to spend some time!
    I want to nominate a few people that have been welcoming, shared info with me on PM’s, and made some great trades. @Cigarsonist @BKDog and @Sketch6995. I appreciate the welcome each of you have given! 
  • CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I nominate @webmost and @KenpoKnight  and @Willy_MN

coupla great guys
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I have so many favorites but I would nominate two I haven’t seen yet that should be on here @Rhamlin (Disco Ricky) and @CharlieHeis (too tall) the reason is these two like most of the regular VHerf crew are solid guys I’ve spent plenty of hours with on the Vherf making this life a bit more palatable. 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nominate @CalvinAndHobo
    He has proven to be a great botl in the short time he has been a member here.
    If I had a daughter he is the guy I would be happy to see her involved with.

P.S. I hope you and Colleen have a healthy baby and that she looks like her mom.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Patrick. 
    There are so many genuinely good people on this forum to pick on. Even the irascible posts are presented with good humor.  I nominate @jd50ae. Hope you have some 5 Vegas Gold to send him if he wins.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I don't have anything nice to say about anyone so I'll just nominate Steve cause he is my favorite puto.
    this was a joke btw, there are plenty of people here that I'm glad to call my friends. Some of the nicest people i have ever met have been on this forum. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Nice disclaimer for the humor impaired, Nick.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Congratulations on the upcoming addition.
    I would like to nominate @84CJ7.  He gives and expects/desires nothing in return
    Post edited by Diver43 on
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5