Home Non Cigar Related

Getting old is painful

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Non Cigar Related
I had to replace track pins on an excavator.
After breaking 2 pullers and beating on it all day, had to drill into it, cut it out with a cutting torch and then clean it all up and press the new pin in. 
And of course, it fought me all the way.

And now, 3 days later, I hurt like crazy. My shoulder and back are hating me and then we had to replace the rear hatch and back bumper on the wife's car today and every movement felt like someone was punching me in the shoulder.
Then I broke a $85 sensor, which put me in such a good mood.

30 years ago, it was easy work.
Today, not so much. LOL!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My back, nees, and knees  feel your pain
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting old beats the alternative!  At our age, any day you're looking down at the grass is a good day.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every day is a gift. Makes you want to jump up early & run downstairs to unwrap what you got today. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony That is why being a mechanic is a “young mans trade” and no 50+ dealer techs exist these days. Wrenching for so many years definitely takes a toll on the body. Hopefully your body feels better over the next few days ( & then you will get another job where you need to do Mechanics yoga).

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when you could swing a hammer all day, or split wood, and after a couple beers the pain was gone? 

Yeah, those days are GONE!  Now I have to drink my coffee with my left hand the next morning.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.
    Still sore, but that damn machine kicked my butt and I while I've had sore days after a big job, nothing like this.
    Definitely gotta slow down.

And yes, it is better than waking up with a toe tag on.
    But dammit, it doesn't make me feel any better. LOL!

When I broke my arm, I found out I was no longer invincible and now I find out I can't even keep up with the pups. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,I went to my Doctor last week for a checkup and just got a call back. Seems I am now diabetic, low vitamins D, and I have a urinary tract infection. All this on top of all the other crap I have going on. This just sucks!!!!
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there, Doug.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Chris, but it's getting really hard.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Thanks Chris, but it's getting really hard.
    Like you have a choice in the matter...  
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can vouch for the statement “Old age ain’t for sissies. 

Youve heard of ‘been there, done that’?  I’m here doing it.... 👴🏻
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    last two situations are easy, D3 and Gantrosin, a problem for any age; first one, dunno, you need insulin or just dietary management?
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Well,I went to my Doctor last week for a checkup and just got a call back. Seems I am now diabetic...
    Everybody is being diagnosed with something diabetic or other these days. It's good for business. Now they've got commercials for "pre-diabetes", yeah that's a thing now. I'm no doctor, but a proper diet (with no high fructose corn syrup) and exercise will do wonders. Rockefeller medicine is a broken system.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here brother 🤦‍♂️
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting older can be difficult, but it sure beats the alternative 
    Just do it as gracefully as we can. Smoking premium cigars helps us do it with class
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting old is a bit painful, I reckon. I'd also imagine being old and stupid would hurt more, though. Of course, if one is too stupid they don't get a chance to be old because nature takes its course. Then, this leads me to ponder if it's actually stupid at all to die young. Life is so confusing sometimes.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    BKDog said:
    Getting old is a bit painful, I reckon. I'd also imagine being old and stupid would hurt more, though. Of course, if one is too stupid they don't get a chance to be old because nature takes its course. Then, this leads me to ponder if it's actually stupid at all to die young. Life is so confusing sometimes.
    Yes, but stupid people shouldn't breed, yet they do. More often than they should.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I am smarter I should breed more? I'm going to get smarter.
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited April 2019
    Naw, the problem is, smart people know enough not to breed too often. Stupid people are starting to  outnumbering us and that is wvident by the morons who vote stupid stuff in. Or stupid people in.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Naw, the problem is, smart people know enough not to breed too often. Stupid people are starting to  outnumbering us and that is wvident by the morons who vote stupid stuff in. Or stupid people in.
    I have seen hoe that turns out

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    0patience said:
    I have seen hoe that turns out

Idiocracy, the comedy that's becoming a documentary. 

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that movie!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain