Home Non Cigar Related

Lawn Care fanatics?

MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of you out there?  I have Bermuda.  I was curious as to what pre-emergents you guys use and Fertilizer you use.  I love a good lawn.  I'm ready for this Bermuda to come out of dormancy.

For premergents I use:  Prodiamine and Dimension
Fertilizer I use: Liquid Lawn and Milorganite

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a hard time choosing a gif.
    So here are the runner-ups!
     xbox bc GIF

guess pop tv GIF by Schitts Creek

president trump lawnmower GIF by WAMU
    MorganGeo said:
    Now I remember why I stay away from this place....
    Don't go! I'm just an azzhole. I'm sure there are lots of guys here who are lawn nerds. Since we're all cigar nerds anyway,.... it would stand to reason that some are lawn care fanatics,..... Except Randy @dirtdude. He has rocks for a lawn.   
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no fanatic about it but I do take care of it.  I just use weed and feed by scotts in spring, and what ever the third one is in fall.  Keeps my lawn nice and for not much money.  I mow as needed, often twice a week, my lawn is always groomed.  I deed to get better with the plants and such though. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I use concrete.
    Only have to spray it for weeds once a year.
    And you can paint it green, if the neighbors complain.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I eat the dandelions from my lawn.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    Try making hot tea with them.  
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    Make wine with them. 
    I got some mint growing like weeds. I've made mojitos with it.  
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put down around 800lbs of fertilizer(different ratios) last year and 150lbs Barricade pre-emergent herbicide, sprayed post emergent herbicide 3 times and my ultra nasty insecticide brew 3-4 times. I'm fvcking done with Barricade... the weeds STILL come even applying at twice the rate... Gonna switch to Gallery and organic pasteurized top dressing (compost) for nutrients. Still have to blowout all the beds, trim stuff back and do around 5 cubic feet of compost/mulch. Damn Loral Oak still dropping its leafs into the beds. Oh and Preen Southern pre-emergent on all beds.
    Honestly ready to kill the yard, till, re grade, fill with top of line top soil and re sod, Erosion and Harvey washed a lot of the good soil away. No I didn't flood. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to look up Gallery.  Don’t know much about that.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just pour concrete Harrison.

Oh,  any of you guys want dandelions?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just use a little lime and broadcast some white clover. I'm going to get a mess of dandelions for a wilted spring salad. Our  walk behind mower will get a oil change,  a sharpened blade, and a new spark plug.
    MorganGeo said:
    I need to look up Gallery.  Don’t know much about that.
    Main active is Isoxaben, seems from reading it is sprayed on the turf vs spreader/granule. So post to last 6-8 months per application. Stuffs pretty pricey about $150 for 32oz. but only requires an average rate .5oz per 1000ft.sq. Hell if it works as well as people say it's worth it to me. Now I think of it I'm already spending more per year on Barricade...
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to help you out, but this is what my lawn looks like in Las Vegas.
    Yep, That's my idea of a great lawn.
    Around here, if you don't cut the grass regularly, it will be 2 feet tall in no time.
    As for weeds, it's all weeds.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that thing used to look great. It's amazing with three kids at seven years do to a landscape project LOL
    Don't look ↑
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    artificial 

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mow near as much as we use to. Rescue critters take care of most of it. 
    I am going to plant peppermint, marigolds and lemongrass everywhere in an attempt to help with the unwanted critters.
    And if certain plants ever become legal the space has been allocated and the ground prepped. It is in the middle of what one day will be used for some peppers.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about getting me a reel mower and making me a putting green/chipping area in the backyard.  Would be some work but I think would be really cool.
    @danielzreyes Man you chippin from 12ft? I'll be honest, I'll send a couple when I'm drunk 150 yards off the deck, through the woods on to my neighbors roof. They throw grapefruit in my woods and attracts c o o n s and the dillo, I say its even lol
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    @danielzreyes Man you chippin from 12ft? I'll be honest, I'll send a couple when I'm drunk 150 yards off the deck, through the woods on to my neighbors roof. They throw grapefruit in my woods and attracts c o o n s and the dillo, I say its even lol
    I'm chipping to the other pin.
     It's hard to see in the pic but on the other side of the green is another pin. From flag to flag is about 28 ft
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    TX98Z28 said:
     It's hard to see in the pic but on the other side of the green is another pin. From flag to flag is about 28 ft
    Damn that sure fooled me! I saw the other pin but had no clue that it was that far in the pic. Man nice setup you got there.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Damn that sure fooled me! I saw the other pin but had no clue that it was that far in the pic. Man nice setup you got there.
    Yeah, nice setup for sure. DZR even has a water hazard in his backyard.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis