Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any auto mechanics out there

Comments

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you've been having my kind of week Trish. Had to go back on the warranty for my Jeep as well. Apparently the knuckleheads who serviced the rear differential didn't shim it up right and the entire rear grenaded on me. Just got it back yesterday. Hope you get some good news on the 11th. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You go Girl!!

Now may I ask how why the back seat needs replaced? 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trish
    Tell them you want pictures of the stuff. 
    I'd really like to see what it is.
    If it's plastic, then it isn't likely it was added by someone.

And see if you can get a sample. You may need it later, if you have to go to court.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Just wanted to give a quick update as promised.

Long story short the manufacturer didn’t do much in the way of help, however, after many phone calls and the insurance inspector validating my arguments  I managed to get a half assed apology and the emissions system replace.

The answer I got was they found a red fluid in the vapor canister and hose that looked granular but dissolved when touched (oil and water theory that I presented when arguing  plastic wasn’t  placed in my tank). Waiting on the seat frame that was bent by the seatbelt buckle, which was the first part ordered (and almost what killed the sale to begin with) and new USB ports so it’s still in the shop.  I’m curious to see if they still give me the sample I requested when I pick it up.

Basically I am getting my lemon custom built from the ground up. Sad part is the new car smell is most likely gone after being in the shop for 3 weeks…

Thanks for all the input it helped me greatly, you guys are awesome!!

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish, believe me when I say, I know how you feel.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Hey if any of you know someone looking for a fully inspected brand new car willing to pay sticker price let me know... 🤣
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    0patience said:
    Trish said:

After my phone call with him today I am confident he is not looking forward to seeing me. after trying to leave it cutesy message on my phone with incorrect information... let's just say I politely told him to pull his head out of his a$$ and get a s#it together.

Every time you go in you need to be chomping on a lit Man O' War.  Nobody messes w/ an angry woman smoking a smelly stogie.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Trish said:
    0patience said:
    Trish said:

After my phone call with him today I am confident he is not looking forward to seeing me. after trying to leave it cutesy message on my phone with incorrect information... let's just say I politely told him to pull his head out of his a$$ and get a s#it together.

Every time you go in you need to be chomping on a lit Man O' War.  Nobody messes w/ an angry woman smoking a smelly stogie.
    Don't tempt me I'll do it @peter4jc ..lol

It's bad enough that he leaves me a message about loving the MINIVAN I'm in. So I call him up and ask why did you put me in that car again, he says women prefer more room. I said before you open your mouth again I suggest looking at your computer... had you given me keys to a van I would've directed you on where to place it. You may or may not have liked it I'm not here to judge...

Hey I said I was going to make a long story short,  stop pulling all these details out of me. Hehehe 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a different question for ya. I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer and the power seat controls on drivers side quit. Do you think its the motor to it or a short?
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    I have a different question for ya. I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer and the power seat controls on drivers side quit. Do you think its the motor to it or a short?
    I’m sure it runs off a fuse. Always check those first
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Sleddog46
    Check the connector under the seat. Often times, something gets under the seat and when the seat moves, can get bound up and pull the connector.
    But like @deadman said, could be a fuse. But they also have a relay. 
    Does it make any noise when you try and get it to move?
    Are they heated seats? Do they heat up?

Edit: After looking at the wiring, there is a 30 amp breaker for the seats, but it powers both seats. So if the pass side is working, then you either have a wire problem in the driver's seat, a switch problem or a motor problem, because the way I see it on the diagrams is that if you lost a fuse, relay or breaker, it should affect both seats.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch Tony, I didn’t think to ask if the other seat still worked. 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just the drivers seat, passenger seat works fine. I looked in the owners manual at the wire diagrams and it shows no fuse or breaker for the seat.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every circuit has a fuse somewhere upstream.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Trish said:
    I don't know that it's so much the car as much as it is their mechanics.

One thing to remember about dealing with shops and dealers.
    The mechanics aren't always the ones who are inept.
    Often, the service writers (the morons at the counter) have no clue what they are saying and most the time, the mechanics have given them their diagnosis and opinions of what the cause is.

Then the service writers may twist that information into a yarn that will sell to the customer. Some service writers barely know any more about your vehicle, than the average person. When they start the big words and technical jargon or the "danger, danger, danger" lingo, it's not a good sign.
    If they say that the brakes are down to 20% or 3/16" and you might want to think about getting them replaced soon, then you know you are dealing with someone who is treating you like a customer. 

If a service writer starts to not make sense, ask to speak to the tech/mechanic.
    Ask questions. Make them work for your business.
    Ask to see the parts. 
    Ask to see the problem. Ask why it's a problem.
    Make them explain it. Educate yourself. 
    Ask, ask, ask. Be a pain in their a$$.

Techs/mechanics are sometimes hogtied by the service writer, in that if they piss off the service writer, they end up with crap jobs or poor paying jobs.
    A large percentage of the techs in shops or dealers are usually pretty honest and competent. But you have to remember that their hands are often tied by the service writer.

Sorry for the long winded, but it's important for folks to put the blame where it belongs and usually that isn't the tech.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you're speaking @Trish's language.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:

Now you're speaking @Trish's language.
    Look at that @dirtdude knows me well...hahaha and here I thought I was as sweet as can be...
  • Options
    Did you get satisfaction with the car @Trish?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Did you get satisfaction with the car @Trish?
    @dirtdude The repairs were completed and covered. Still regret the purchase.. but live and learn LOL
  • Options
    Round TWO!!! 
  • Options
    It worked for a month.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Okay so I'm going to let my skirt show and make the girliest comment some of you have ever heard from me... how do I go about finding a GOOD attorney, I'm getting fooled by all the pretty websites. LMFAO!
    It's time to explore this option,  is there someplace in addition to the BBB that I should be checking for complaints or issues with firms?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Contact state attorney general consumer complaints. 
    Also check to see if your state has an attorney referal number.
    Most states have some sort of attorney referal number. 
    You also should be checking into the lemon laws for your state.
    There should also be a number for the manufacturer, to try and push them to buy back the vehicle.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also think about asking local friends.  We found a great attorney here by asking friends.  If they don't know any they won't suggest and if they have positives or negatives about an attorney they are more than happy to share.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We asked for recommendations from my Wife's former lawyer, but also checked Avvo.com reviews.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yeah looking into lemon law and I found one but they had a complaint within last year so I'm just not sure if there's any other places I need to check. Unfortunately I don't personally know anyone who's had to deal with this type of law before for recommendations. So I'm hitting the pavement. Good times!!
  • Options
    The state attorney general's office should be able to help you or point you in the right direction.
    Companies don't like to deal with the attorney general's office. 
    Terrible Mobile tried to rip me off and after the state attorney general's office and the public utilities Commission got done with them, they cleared any debt and called it a day. 

You should really give them a call. 
    They can get you to a referal and possibly even step in on your behalf.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: