Home Non Cigar Related

Scooper recommendation

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for recommendations. This one is heavy but sturdy and works with my cigar clip. I saw one with a rake which may work better with the pea gravel. Not looking for the $300 Dooup that cleans and sanitizes and is the size of a vacuum cleaner.

The Dooup

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ that actually looks dangerous.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if all else fails, hire a professional:

Oakland County Archives - Evmikna Graphics
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My daughter's work leaves something to be desired. Hoping to get HER better tools.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess living in the sticks has it's advantages. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I used to walk my dogs at least twice a day, rain or shine. I never bagged much but I did feel responsible for relocating poo to a less likely to be stepped in location. I had a walking stick with a garden trowel on the bottom end of it. Easy pickup and then fling it in the woods or a ditch. At my son's house, there was backyard cleanup. He had a rake and dustpan set (similar to your photo) for that situation. That worked well.  Later he got a spring loaded clam-shell pickup tool. It was ok if the poop was rigid enough but if it was softer,.... Blech! 

Dogs are a big responsibility.  I don't have a dog now and it's good not be on a dog's schedule. I miss having a mutt around sometimes but I'm enjoying the freedom. Yesterday there was this one dog out on a hike with it's owner and I could see it in his eyes and his body language that he would'a bit me if not for that leash. He was one of those mentally disturbed dogs. I used to have one just like him.  
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back we used to just pick up a cheap kids gardening set with plastic rake and shovel.  That did fine for very little money...Until we got a Great Dane...didn't hold up quite as well...now we have pretty much what you have...and 6 dogs, so it is well used!
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a buddy that didn't keep up with it in his yard, couple times a year he would come and borrow a tool.
    Only use it's seen since coming back to AZ.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    plastic bag
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i Used to keep a snow shovel to use in picking up leaves in the fall. Used in conjunction with a leaf rake like a large pair of tongs, it made really easy work of picking up leaves to stuff into the garbage toter. Much better than trying to put them into plastic bags.....  👍
    ANYTHING but this. I did this once. Once was enough. 
    Image titled Pick Up Dog Poop Step 3

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob, that's the method I use when I walk the dogs.  The picking up isn't bad, it's the carrying the bag for the rest of the walk that I don't really cherish. I should get them a backpack or a saddle so that they can carry their own waste.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

Don't be squeamish. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Don't be squeamish. 
    Yeah, @Bob_Luken, man up fer goodness sake. 🙄
    I could handle it fine if I could really trust the bag, but I really don't. 
    Ah, so. Point taken. I was just rattlin’ your cage anyway. 😁

In all honesty, I’m unable to relate to the problem any more. I no longer have any pets and even when I did they were cats and they used a litter box so bags were never an issue for me. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do what my neighbor does, pick up using a bag and then throw the bag in my yard. 
    Do what my neighbor does, pick up using a bag and then throw the bag in my yard. 
    Your neighbor must love ya....  😬
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buddy that borrowed the snow shovel was visiting recently, we took the dog for a walk and when I bagged it he was gagging.
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    My buddy that borrowed the snow shovel was visiting recently, we took the dog for a walk and when I bagged it he was gagging.
    Your buddy, or the dog???  😜